Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1> Export File list 2> Write Protection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Total Commander (English) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveLissa

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: 1> Export File list 2> Write Protection Reply with quote

1) Is there a way to export (not print, but export) the list of files, or print to file?

Eg: I want to create a list of a collection of MP3s and put it into a spreadsheet or database

(yes, I know I can use "dir /s /b >files.txt" in the command prompt, but in Total Commander?)

2) Any workaround to make configuration changes for this session only?

In version 4.53, one can write-protect the wincmd.ini file in the Windows directory. If I make a change in the WinCmd options, the change works for that session. Once I close down and re-start it, WinCmd re-reads settings from wincmd.ini.

For ex: I have backup files in a hidden directory, and have a write-protected wincmd.ini, and I fire up WinCommander 4.53. All files marked "hidden" are not displayed. I want to access a hidden directory, so I choose "Configeration", "Options", "Display", "Show Hidden/System Files" and WinCmd shows all hidden directories. I make my changes in those directories. Once I close down and re-start WinCommander, the hidden directories are again hidden.

I can't do this in version 6.x because Total Commander produces an error when I go to "Configuration", "Options" and wincmd.ini is write protected.

Regards,
Dave

PS: Great program...worth every penny I paid Smile
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1- Create a list of colection
You can use some wcx plugins to create a file list (DiskDir, DiskDir Extended, Makebat, WdxInfoPacker)

2- IIRC that's impossible at the moment, but you can use a button that will toggle the display of hidden files (cm_SwitchHidSys, I do not know if this will work with a locked wincmd.ini)...
TC#88260 -
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ado

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 1> Export File list 2> Write Protection Reply with quote

DaveLissa wrote:
1) Is there a way to export (not print, but export) the list of files, or print to file?

Take a look to internal commands:
cm_SaveSelectionToFile - save selected filenames into file
cm_CopyNamesToClip - save selected filenames into clipboard
you will get just filenames without path. If it is not enough for you, simply search this forum, there is plugin that does even more

DaveLissa wrote:

...you can run TC from batch file that will:
1. copy your default config to c:\windows (or where you have it configured)
2. start TC.

ado
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you will get just filenames without path

You can get the path as well with cm_CopyFullNamesToClip
Danish Total Commander Translator
Win XP 32bit SP3 & Win 7 64bit SP1 & Win 8.1 64bit. TC 8.51 32+64bit, TC 2.05b2d

Get Extended Total Commander Menus
shumaker212

Location: Sometimes if you want to print folder contents and file details,Windows Explorer has no easy method

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Directory Printer Reply with quote

DaveLissa wrote:

Eg: I want to create a list of a collection of MP3s and put it into a spreadsheet or database

(yes, I know I can use "dir /s /b >files.txt" in the command prompt, but in Total Commander?)

In version 4.53, one can write-protect the wincmd.ini file in the Windows directory. If I make a change in the WinCmd options, the change works for that session. Once I close down and re-start it, WinCmd re-reads settings from wincmd.ini.

For ex: I have backup files in a hidden directory, and have a write-protected wincmd.ini, and I fire up WinCommander 4.53. All files marked "hidden" are not displayed. I want to access a hidden directory, so I choose "Configeration", "Options", "Display", "Show Hidden/System Files" and WinCmd shows all hidden directories. I make my changes in those directories. Once I close down and re-start WinCommander, the hidden directories are again hidden.

I can't do this in version 6.x because Total Commander produces an error when I go to "Configuration", "Options" and wincmd.ini is write protected.

Regards,
Dave

PS: Great program...worth every penny I paid Smile

I used a print directory tool to print file list of a directory, take a look at this tool.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW simple batch file may be used to start TC with default settings. E.g. this batch will overwrite your current wincmd.ini with default one so settings will be reverted:) and to make new wincmd.ini default you will need just to copy it over default one.

ado wrote:
Take a look to internal commands:
cm_SaveSelectionToFile - save selected filenames into file
cm_CopyNamesToClip - save selected filenames into clipboard

I will expand your answer. There is a command cm_CommandBrowser that contains list of all TC internal commands, and there is a section of commands Clipboard in it that contains all comands to work with clipboard including all commands that copy folder contents.

shumaker212 wrote:
I used a print directory tool to print file list of a directory, take a look at this tool.

DaveLissa wants to export (not print, but export) the list of files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Total Commander (English) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: