TC IrfanView Plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AkulaBig

Re: TC IrfanView Plugin

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-21, 20:35 UTC If one calls after F3 Lister (irfanview) any functions of the Plugin, like e.g. context menu by right click,
F2 Rename, F key (zoom in/out), then it is not possible to switch to another plugin with the key 4.
Sure. If you have switched the focus to IrfanView, then the TC hotkeys do not work and vice versa. These are two separate programs and the one that is currently in focus has the advantage.
Double-clicking on the toolbar will return TC focus.
tuska wrote: 2023-06-21, 20:35 UTC Ctrl+Q, tab, context menu by right click does not exist in this case (but only with F3 Lister (irfanview)).
However, if one changes with key 4, e.g. to the PhotoViewer, then after Ctrl+Q in the opposite window
the context menu of PhotoViewer is also available.
So this is a personal matter of the author of the plugin, which operations he allows depending on the mode. I have banned everything except viewing in Ctrl+Q mode. And I think it's right.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

In version 1.8.5 there is no problem here to switch to other plugins using key 4
even after using functions from the IrfanView context menu.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1373a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2023-06-22, 11:43 UTC In version 1.8.5 there is no problem here to switch to other plugins using key 4
even after using functions from the IrfanView context menu.
Maybe we can agree that there can be problems.
With me, in such cases, there is more likely to be a problem than not.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-22, 01:02 UTC
tuska wrote: 2023-06-21, 20:35 UTC If one calls after F3 Lister (irfanview) any functions of the Plugin, like e.g. context menu by right click,
F2 Rename, F key (zoom in/out), then it is not possible to switch to another plugin with the key 4.
Sure. If you have switched the focus to IrfanView, then the TC hotkeys do not work and vice versa.
These are two separate programs and the one that is currently in focus has the advantage.
Double-clicking on the toolbar will return TC focus.
tuska wrote: 2023-06-21, 20:35 UTC Ctrl+Q, tab, context menu by right click does not exist in this case (but only with F3 Lister (irfanview)).
However, if one changes with key 4, e.g. to the PhotoViewer, then after Ctrl+Q in the opposite window
the context menu of PhotoViewer is also available.
So this is a personal matter of the author of the plugin, which operations he allows depending on the mode.
I have banned everything except viewing in Ctrl+Q mode. And I think it's right.
Thank you for your prompt information!
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

2AkulaBig

I have described the topic regarding installations here in detail (in German language):
Google Translate (German > English)

- WITH required administrative rights
- WITHOUT required administrative rights

Additionally there is more information.

For me, the plugins work very well now. :D
Thank you very much for your efforts!
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-22, 12:44 UTC For me, the plugins work very well now. :D
I thought you figured out that the plugin has nothing to do with this. This is how protected Windows folders behave. And so TC and IrfanView work in protected folders. Just like any other program. It is TC or IrfanView, located in protected folders and running without Administrator rights, that do not give access to their settings. The plugin has nothing to do with this. I don't understand at all why to install TC and IrfanView. This only creates problems. These programs are almost initially portable and I advise you to use them in this form. This is their great advantage.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-22, 12:40 UTC Thank you for your prompt information!
I saw what you are discussing in german my other plugin is SumatraPDF. Unfortunately, I will not dare to discuss in German. Therefore, offtopic here in one post. You do not understand the advantage of my plugin over sLister. I'll explain briefly. My plugin is again able to work with 32-bit SumatraPDF in both TC bit depths. And at the same time it can close SumatraPDF by ESC. The original sLister must use Sumatra PDF 32 and SumatraPDF 64 for this. Otherwise, ESC does not work. Modified sLister slister.wlx 7168 Kb, slister.wlx 64 8704 Kb loses focus in Ctrl+Q . Because of this, it cannot be used in quick view. And my plugin does not lose focus. At the same time, sLister of both versions cannot close SumatraPDF versions older than 3.1 using Esc. But my plugin does. And the SumatraPDF 3.1 that I have included with the plugin has been modified to remove the protection of PDF files. Although somewhat slow.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

I will also add about the ModPlug plugin. They discuss it there. Members of the forum do not understand the main advantage of the plugin over a separate program. Some programs do not work in Ctrl+Q mode. And the plugin works.
If it's not difficult, you can place information on my plugins there. You can advise as well as I do :)
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-22, 17:36 UTC I thought you figured out that the plugin has nothing to do with this.
Yes, I have.

Especially now I know it, after I made a step-by-step guide (German) - please note: I'm just a hobby user(!).
If I would have had such a guide - at least in a similar form - then I would have recognized the connections immediately.
AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-22, 17:36 UTC I don't understand at all why to install TC and IrfanView. This only creates problems.
These programs are almost initially portable and I advise you to use them in this form. This is their great advantage.
The user's will is his kingdom of heaven, but there are certainly other [security-]reasons.

<OffTopic>
TCSumatraPDF Plugin 1.3
I did not know the plugin until now.
First impressions...
TCSumatraPDF Plugin 1.3 x86, x64
  1. If Total Commander 11.00b8 32 bit is started and the lister is called with F3,
    then TCSumatraPDF Plugin 1.3 x86 does NOT consider the order of processing the plugins from top to bottom.
    I.e. "%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCSumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.wlx MULTIMEDIA & (EXT=..." at 2nd position below
    "%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\slister\slister.wlx64 ext= ..." 1st position (position 0) moves to the top, i.e. the first position!
    The PDF file is displayed with F3 first with Lister (sumatrapdf) instead of Lister (slister)!
    After that the window "Lister (slister)" cannot be closed with ESC.
    (With TC 11.00b8 x64 "Lister (slister)" comes first and the window can be closed with the ESC key).

2. Readme.txt -> http://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/settings/settings3-1
    Please correct to https://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/settings/settings3-1

3. The plugin works similar to sLister + SumatraPDF.
sLister + SumatraPDF
  1. sLister + SumatraPDF can be used without problems with Ctrl+Q or Ctrl+Q, Tab, 4.

2. Does not respond to: ShowToc = true in SumatraPDF-settings.txt, i.e. bookmarks are not shown
    and the F12 key must be manually pressed.

SumatraPDF-settings.txt -> https://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/settings/settings3-1
    ShowToc = true
    if true, we show table of contents (Bookmarks) sidebar if it's present in the document
Since I usually use the x64 versions and TCSumatraPDF Plugin 1.3 remembers the bookmark setting,
I put this plugin before sLister + SumatraPDF.
Thus, I see the following open issues with TCSumatraPDF Plugin 1.3 (for me)
  1. Regarding the possible bug (plugin ordering) in x86 I ask you to check.

2. Readme.txt -> http://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/settings/settings3-1
    Please correct to https://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/settings/settings3-1
But I think we should discuss such a topic regarding TCSumatraPDF plugin in the forum "Plugins and addons: devel.+support (English)"...

TC ModPlug Plugin 1.4
AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-22, 19:42 UTC I will also add about the ModPlug plugin. They discuss it there.
Members of the forum do not understand the main advantage of the plugin over a separate program.
Some programs do not work in Ctrl+Q mode. And the plugin works.
If it's not difficult, you can place information on my plugins there. You can advise as well as I do :)
Thanks for the offer.
But my need for plugin installations is currently covered.
Maybe later on...

</OffTopic>

AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-22, 22:33 UTC Thanks for the offer.
Maybe later on...
Looks like a translation error. I didn't suggest installing plugins. I suggested posting information about them in the German discussion thread.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

<OffTopic>
AkulaBig wrote: 2023-06-23, 07:18 UTC
tuska wrote: 2023-06-22, 22:33 UTC Thanks for the offer.
Maybe later on...
Looks like a translation error. I didn't suggest installing plugins.
I suggested posting information about them in the German discussion thread.
Ahh, I understand only now what you meant.
(But would come out the same for me: plugin installation,...).

However, I think that I am not the right person for the topic "TC ModPlug Plugin 1.4", to be able to give an opinion here,
because I don't use the plugin until now and therefore have no comparison to other tools,
e.g. as another user has mentioned in the german post.

But I suggest you to make a separate post for each of your other plugins
in the forum "Plugins and addons: devel.+support (English)" and present your plugin there.
Other developers do the same.

This way you can make sure that you reach a much larger group of people,
than in a single post in the forum "Total Commander (Deutsch)" (German),
where "TC ModPlug Plugin" is not even mentioned in the subject.

In TOTALCMD.NET you could then add a link: "Discuss on TC forum" as well.

Then I am willing to add a link to your topic in the forum "Plugins and addons: devel.+support (English)"
in the German forum post.
PS:
Now I have installed the plugin for the sake of interest.
On my PC there are 3 files available with the file extensions concerning the plugin: mdl, Ult, mol.

At C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.56.1\lib\Fontmap.Ult I get this error message:
"Invalid Module: C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.56.1\lib\Fontmap.Ult!!!"
Now this is not good for my first impression.
But because of me you don't need to bother about a problem solution,
because I suspect that this plugin could be used by me only very rarely.

</OffTopic>
Last edited by tuska on 2023-06-23, 13:58 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-23, 13:34 UTC But I suggest you to make a separate post for each of your other plugins
in the forum "Plugins and addons: devel.+support (English)" and present your plugin there.
Other developers do the same.

This way you can make sure that you reach a much larger group of people,
than in a single post in the forum "Total Commander (Deutsch)" (German),
where "TC ModPlug Plugin" is not even mentioned in the subject.
You are absolutely right, but it is not my purpose to distribute my plugins. I just always want to answer questions about my plugins. I did not create a topic about TCIrfanView either. But when I saw that there were questions, I answered. So I will refrain from creating separate topics until it interests other people.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

<OffTopic>

2AkulaBig
Thanks for your answer.

Now I was too late.
I edited my post above - please see there -> PS:.

I just wonder where we should discuss about TCSumatraPDF plugin in the future?
Because filling this topic with OffTopic posts can't be the real thing.

I have to do another check and maybe I will start a separate topic.
I hope you read the posts then if in the text "2AkulaBig" occurs.

Important NOTE:
The advantage of a post you create is that you can edit the first post at any time
and post updates and important information there.
This is no longer possible for further posts, since there is a time limit here.

</OffTopic>
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

tuska wrote: 2023-06-22, 22:33 UTC If Total Commander 11.00b8 32 bit is started and the lister is called with F3,
then TCSumatraPDF Plugin 1.3 x86 does NOT consider the order of processing the plugins from top to bottom.
I.e. "%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\TCSumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.wlx MULTIMEDIA & (EXT=..." at 2nd position below
"%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\slister\slister.wlx64 ext= ..." 1st position (position 0) moves to the top, i.e. the first position!
The PDF file is displayed with F3 first with Lister (sumatrapdf) instead of Lister (slister)!
After that the window "Lister (slister)" cannot be closed with ESC.
(With TC 11.00b8 x64 "Lister (slister)" comes first and the window can be closed with the ESC key).
This is not a function of any plugin !
A plugin doesn't know anything about other plugins and their order.
TC calls the plugins according to the order you have set
and the Detection strings.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1373a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2023-06-23, 15:25 UTC then TCSumatraPDF Plugin 1.3 x86 does NOT consider the order of processing the plugins from top to bottom.
You are absolutely right. But usually tuska asks hard questions. They are not clear the first time, since I use a translator. Therefore, I do not swear, but I think, suddenly tuska is right.