English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

TC11.03 RC1 - Question regarding Ini-Setting filterXdir=

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

Christian,
will all TC installers after TC11.03 RC1 check for this setting and copy files like
AutoPitch.dll, SoundTouchDLL.dll, vmr9rotator.dll, etc into the correct folder?

Also is it possible to append to the 64bit version of these files _x64 like
it is allready done for SoundTouchDLL_x64.dll?
Hoecker sie sind raus!
beb

Re: TC11.03 RC1 - Question regarding Ini-Setting filterXdir=

Post by *beb »

A new setting allows you to use existing filters without the need to place the duplicated entities into the TC folder.
For instance, if you have KLite codecs installed, you already have all the required LAV filters.
So, you can tell the TC to use the existing setup instead of duplicating filters, e.g.,

Code: Select all

filter32dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\LAVFilters\
filter64dir=C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\LAVFilters64\
AutoPitch.dll, SoundTouchDLL.dll, and vmr9rotator.dll files will remain where they are, and will not be copied anywhere.
#278521 User License
Total Commander [always the latest version, including betas] x86/x64 on Win10 x64/Android 10
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

beb wrote: 2024-01-21, 12:57 UTC AutoPitch.dll, SoundTouchDLL.dll, and vmr9rotator.dll files will remain where they are, and will not be copied anywhere.
Source :?: I cant find where this is stated.

17.01.24 Added: Set different location for DirectShow filters wincmd.ini [Lister] filter32dir=path / filter64dir=path (32/64)
For me sounds like you can finally move folders FilterX where ever you want and not like what you describe.
Hoecker sie sind raus!
beb

Post by *beb »

2Sir_SiLvA
The source is I am.
You can become another source as well if you want.
Take a Total Commander setup, and install a copy.
In a newly installed copy open its wincmd.ini and type something for the Lister filter paths, and move your filters from the Total Commander folder to the typed paths.
Make another installation of Total Commander in the same folder where the previous one resides (which ini has custom filter paths you specified).
And what?
Voilà. Now you see the AutoPitch.dll, SoundTouchDLL.dll, and vmr9rotator.dll files are again exactly where they were (in Total Commander %commander_path% subfolders).
That's it. No miracles. That's how it works for today.

Of course, as a user, feel free to move any files wherever you want then, thereafter, since the configuration supports location customization.
#278521 User License
Total Commander [always the latest version, including betas] x86/x64 on Win10 x64/Android 10
beb

Post by *beb »

By the way, the SoundTouchDLL.dll/SoundTouchDLL_x64.dll that goes with Total Commander is commercially licensed for use in
Total Commander only.
And I'm not sure that putting it elsewhere outside of the Total Commander scope will always fall under the license agreement.
#278521 User License
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

beb wrote: 2024-01-21, 12:57 UTC ...
For instance, if you have KLite codecs installed, you already have all the required LAV filters.
So, you can tell the TC to use the existing setup instead of duplicating filters, e.g.,

Code: Select all

filter32dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\LAVFilters\
filter64dir=C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\LAVFilters64\
If you have LAV Filters INSTALLED, standalone or as a part of K-Lite codec pack, you don't need to configure anything - TC sees and uses them without any additional procedure.
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

beb wrote: 2024-01-21, 19:17 UTC <description how tc 11.03 rc installer behaves wrong>
I know of the RC1 installers wrong behaviour - thats the reason I started this topic and asked the AUTHOR if future installers would behave correctly :!:

Then you started to continuesly posting some useless random stuff that had nothing to do with the reason I created this thread.

for example:
beb wrote: 2024-01-21, 19:17 UTC By the way, the SoundTouchDLL.dll/SoundTouchDLL_x64.dll that goes with Total Commander is commercially licensed for use in
Total Commander only.
And I'm not sure that putting it elsewhere outside of the Total Commander scope will always fall under the license agreement.
So please STOP polluting this thread :!:
Hoecker sie sind raus!
beb

Post by *beb »

2Sir_SiLvA
This is a public forum, not your private room.
So you are not the one who decides whether a user should stop posting something or not.
I did some tests and shared my experience regarding your question, which I think contributes to the forum's informativity.
On the contrary, your last message here looks like a personal attack.
#278521 User License
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

beb wrote: 2024-01-21, 21:15 UTC This is a public forum, not your private room.
Wrong. This is Christian Ghislers TC Forum.
beb wrote: 2024-01-21, 21:15 UTC So you are not the one who decides whether a user should stop posting something or not.
As you are allowed to polute my topic with use- and pointless posts as am I allowed
to point out that your post are point- and useless in concern to my original post :!:
beb wrote: 2024-01-21, 21:15 UTC I did some tests and shared my experience regarding your question, which I think contributes to the forum's informativity.
No you clearly did not as you are not the developer of TC and thus cant even answer my question :!:
If you need me to translate my original question so that you can understand it, just say so :D
So, just for you: In my original post I asked Christian if all TC installers past 11.03 RC1 will check
for filterXdir= and put files like AutoPitch.dll, SoundTouchDLL.dll, vmr9rotator.dll into the correct folder.
Hoecker sie sind raus!
beb

Post by *beb »

Sir_SiLvA wrote: 2024-01-21, 20:10 UTC
beb wrote: 2024-01-21, 19:17 UTC <description how tc 11.03 rc installer behaves wrong>
This is just your opinion that "tc 11.03 rc installer behaves wrong".
In my opinion, the installer does (as I had described it above) exactly what I expect it to do, hence, it performs its task correctly.
Sir_SiLvA wrote: 2024-01-21, 21:35 UTC So, just for you: In my original post I asked Christian if all TC installers past 11.03 RC1 will check
for filterXdir= and put files like AutoPitch.dll, SoundTouchDLL.dll, vmr9rotator.dll into the correct folder.
I hope Mr. Ghisler won't change the current installer's behavior.
However, it would be interesting to hear Mr. Ghisler's opinion and reasoning in that regard and possible related issues.
#278521 User License
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You are right, TC should also look in its own Filter32/Filter64 directory when the dll can't be found at the new location.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com