[TC 11.03rc5] file-size in copy-dialog from Sync-Dirs incorrect?

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

georgeb

[TC 11.03rc5] file-size in copy-dialog from Sync-Dirs incorrect?

Post by *georgeb »

Today I've discovered some strange behavior that pretty much looks like a bug although I'm not absolutely certain.

From the SyncDirs-tool I was performing a "Copy_right_to_left"-syncing-operation with my general copy-preferences set to "verify". In the copying-progress-dialog-pop-up-window the progress of the copy-process is displayed graphically (via the green bars) and also below in numeric file-size given in M-bytes.

From the standard copy-dialog (not triggered from within SyncDirs) I'm used to observing the file-size-value go up until the top-green-bar would show "50%" at which point the current file is copied completely and "Verify" will be shown above the progress-bar while the bar itself completes its second half from 50% to 100%. Since the second (verification-)part of the copying-process does not transfer any additional actual data the numeric file-size-display below will be halted for the duration of the verification-process.

The strange thing this time around was that the numeric file-size-display would continue to go up slightly even during the verification period and in the end the file-size indicated would not really correspond to the true file-size given in bytes. Having that said I should perhaps mention that I am well aware of the fact that one cannot directly compare the numeric values given in bytes and in Mbytes because of the 2^10-factor - but still, even if I've been unable to convert the changing byte/Mbyte-values in real time I'm quite certain that those size-increments shown during verification wouldn't add up to the actual file-size in the end and before copying of the next file would continue. After all copying was done, though, it would appear that the final size-values would somehow correspond to each other again.

This report must be considered preliminary as I didn't have time for comprehensive testing but still wanted to make my strange observation known before the next beta or maybe even final release as right now I don't have any logical explanation as to why the file-size indicated would increase during the verification-part of the copying-process.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [TC 11.03rc5] file-size in copy-dialog from Sync-Dirs incorrect?

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I can confirm that the "total bytes copied" display is wrong in synchronize dirs when using the Verify option. Instead of going to the full size during the copy step and remaining there during the verify step, it goes from 0% to 50% size during the copy step and from 50% to 100% during the verify step. I will change it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Please test this with RC6! As in the normal F5 copy dialog, the size should now go up to 100% of the file size during the copy phase, and then stay there during the verify phase.
georgeb

Post by *georgeb »

Issue seems resolved by RC6. After some trials the copy-process with verify seems to behave normally, now also when called from inside "SyncDirs". Thanks a lot for fixing so quickly!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great, thanks for checking!

Moderator message

Moved to fixed bugs