Total Commander Menu Editor

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Total Commander Menu Editor

Post by *Hacker »

Hi,
Total Commander Menu Editor 1.0 beta 3 is out at http://thehacker.host.sk/myfiles/tcme/

Panos,
In your previous post (on eforum.de) you said that TCME should be able to skip errors selectively.
I responded that there are two types of errors - those that can be skipped (the last char in wcmd_esp.mnu) and fatal errors that cannot be ignored and cause TCME to work inproperly, as is the case with wcmd_dan.mnu.

You also said that TCME not accepting such errors means we're back at hand-editing the menu files.
I said yes, because TCME expects and creates only valid menus. You wouldn't expect Photoshop to automatically fix a JPG file which you edited with a hex editor and inserted/removed random values beforehand.

To the other guy (sorry, I don't remember your nick), there is a bit of documentation now and sclist.txt is documented, too.

HTH
Roman
Raymond

Re: Total Commander Menu Editor

Post by *Raymond »

Hi, Hacker

I'm eager to try ur TC Menu Editor, but sorry I can't access the URL u gave.

BTW, PM is disabled in this forum?
Renard_Roux

Post by *Renard_Roux »

2Raymond
forget about dead links for access reasons! if the link seems to be inaccessible always try CGI Proxy http://www.safeproxy.org/cgi-bin/nph-proxy.cgi
and you ll get the file . The only defect with it that it cannot resume download if it fails, you'll have to d/l all once again

So try this link http://www.safeproxy.org/cgi-bin/nph-proxy.cgi/010110A/http/thehacker.host.sk/myfiles/tcme/tcme_1_0_beta_3.zip and enjoy new tool ! 178 ko

2Roman
Thanks, much better now and more clear with some doxx. :-)
# 85814 Personal licence
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

to Renard_Roux:

I can't access the URL u gave me either. :(
Thanks anyway.

Maybe I have to wait till it's included in Maxwish's site or WINCMD.RU.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Hackers URL works without any problem for me.
I don't use any download manager, just IE 6
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Guys, I'd personally prefer not to include TCME in any site as long as it's beta.

Raymond,
You have to click the URL (do not choose "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" or anything like that), which opens a new page where you can download the util from.

PM is disabled in this forum?

Please see http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=73 .

TIA
Roman
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

>Hacker
>You wouldn't expect Photoshop to automatically fix a JPG file which you edited with a hex editor and inserted/removed random values beforehand.

True! I just wanted TCME to accept commends and not treat them as an error because I like the idea of commends and because I want to direct other users as I’m distributing my menu file.

BTW, thanks for the latest beta! The link is really unreliable and slow though! Only TC was successful (I wasn’t expecting something less from TC ;))
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Hi, Roman!
Just looked at your tool. Just for curiosity - I prefer to manually edit my menu :).
During approx 5 minutes I tried to drag the commands from the left to the right with mouse, tried double clicks, tripple clicks, tried to pronounce my name into PC speaker - no luck... :) Then I looked into readme and figured out that I need F5... :D :D :D
Why don't you support mouse?
And I support Panos' opinion that comments are useful thing.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

I prefer to manually edit my menu

Hopefully that will change. ;)

tried double clicks, tripple clicks,

OK, will reduce from quadruple to triple.

Why don't you support mouse?

Hmm, never thought of using anything else but the keyboard. Will check to see if doubleclick is an event for tlistbox.

How would I go about drag? (Have never programmed it.)

And I support Panos' opinion that comments are useful thing.

Hey, comments are suported now, what else do you want?

BTW: I wanted to write this on Friday, but as I couldn't get on the net, I write now, so Have a great (though belated) Valentino's day!

HTH
Roman
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

This is an alternative link where you can download TC Menu Editor: TCME.zip

Thanks Roman for the permission!

Edited: Modified TCME file name to something simpler based on Roman’s suggestion as well as to have something global for future versions (well, not the best approach for perfectionists but I’m human after all!)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

It might be a good idea if TCME included a directory with existing menus when it is officially released so that users can start modifying instead of creating a menu file from scratch (although they do have this option as well). I have a file here with a collection that can be used as a sample folder for TCME. AFAIK, TCME supports only English for the time being so here I have only English menus.

Download here: TCMenuBundle_Eng.zip

Remark: Be aware though that the majority of these files have been created for the former name of Total Commander and probably might need extensive modifications as some of them haven’t been updated since then (or even further back)!
Renard_Roux

Post by *Renard_Roux »

2pdavit
AFAIK, TCME supports only English for the time being
No, it supports other languages as well, at least Russian is fine
2Hacker
Bug report for the new version :?: : i can load my menu file in Russian, i can edit it but when i try to save as or save i get
"access violation at address 0045DEFC in module "tcme .exe". Read of address FFFFFFFF".
# 85814 Personal licence
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

2 Renard_Roux
>No, it supports other languages as well, at least Russian is fine

Well, officially I meant as some languages cause TCME to trigger menu entries as errors. I haven’t experienced any similar problems myself but if I can remember well this is what Roman mentioned somewhere! Maybe on the old forum!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Panos,
It might be a good idea if TCME included a directory with existing menus when it is officially released so that users can start modifying instead of creating a menu file from scratch

I might include the menus on my page, but probably not directly in the download.

>No, it supports other languages as well, at least Russian is fine
Well, officially I meant as some languages cause TCME to trigger menu entries as errors. I haven’t experienced any similar problems myself but if I can remember well this is what Roman mentioned somewhere! Maybe on the old forum!

No no no, that's not what I meant. It's not the languages themselves, it's the menu files - some of the files distributed with TC are invalid. For instance one of them says "END" instead of "END_POPUP" and that causes an error. The other file contains char hex 1A which doesn't belong there. The first case is a fatal error (menu file will not be represented correctly when loaded), the second can be ignored. The files are wcmd_dan.mnu and wcmd_esp.mnu, but I repeat, the languages don't matter.

Renard_Roux,
Sorry, it works fine,
i tried to run tcme.exe from within zip archive and got the error, when i unpacked TCME.zip and run the proggie in normal mode - it works.

Yes, that's because TCME expects sclist.txt to be present in its dir and I haven't written any code to warn the user about its absence.

HTH
Roman
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Hacker wrote:Hmm, never thought of using anything else but the keyboard. Will check to see if doubleclick is an event for tlistbox.
It is - LBN_DBLCLK notification message.
Hacker wrote:How would I go about drag? (Have never programmed it.)
I never programmed in Delphi so don't know if Delphi's ListBox component has drag-and-drop facilities, but in pure Windows' ListBox there is no any - you'll have to process WM_LBUTTONDOWN, WM_MOUSEMOVE and WM_LBUTTONUP to implement drag-and-drop. Well, not so hard really, but you may use ListView control instead of ListBox, which has drag'n'drop support (use LVN_BEGINDRAG and LVM_CREATEDRAGIMAGE in source listview and WM_KEYDOWN in target).

BTW, Christian ListView control has owner-data style (i.e. virtual list) that you lacked in list box and had to create your own. Moreover it has caching mechanism to reduce big number of GetDispInfo messages. Though I don't know if it's available on some old systems (IE 3.0, for example seems doesn't have it).
Hacker wrote:Hey, comments are suported now, what else do you want?
Sorry seems that I misunderstood your with Panos correspondence or just lost a bit :).
Hacker wrote:BTW: I wanted to write this on Friday, but as I couldn't get on the net, I write now, so Have a great (though belated) Valentino's day!
Thanks! It was not only my day but the day of everyone in love. Looking at my appearance you may surmise that I celebrated it alone :D. BTW, hope now that you did your exams you could find someone to celebrate this V. day with? :)