WinCE plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AlexS

WinCE plugin

Post by *AlexS »

A have a question about plug-in WinCE: how to make possible copying of files in archives on PC on the device directly? The matter is that I constantly work through this plug-in with my smartphone and for to copy one file from archive it would be necessary to unpack all archive, copy a file, and then delete a folder. It very slowly :(.

By the way as far as I have understood, the plug-in is based on FTP, and there such opportunity exists.
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hi, AlexS.

As far as I know - from my own experience - there is no way to extract a file from an archive and transfer it to the PDA in one step.
You have to extract the file to disk first, then transfer it to the PDA.
(But there is no need to unpack a complete archive, if you just want to copy one file.)

Karl
MX Linux 21.3 64-bit xfce, Total Commander 10.52 64-bit
The people of Alderaan keep on bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine.
The Prophet's Song
aleven

Post by *aleven »

karlchen

But why TC cannot extract the file somewhere in templorary directory, copy it and then delete (or not?) without user interference as it does for usual desktop operations?
AlexS

Post by *AlexS »

2karlchen
Yes, I know then is extract all archive is not nessesary, but I do it that to don't change a panel, come off faster :).
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

To aleven:
I do not know why TC cannot do it. I am not the programme's author.
Let us call it a missing feature and let us ask Christian Ghisler to implement it.

To AlexS: <== typing error corrected, intrusive "e" removed. :oops:
I do not really understand how extracting a complete archive can be faster than an additional panel switch.

Anyway, let us hope Christian will add the missing feature soon.

Karl
Last edited by karlchen on 2005-12-11, 12:23 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
MX Linux 21.3 64-bit xfce, Total Commander 10.52 64-bit
The people of Alderaan keep on bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine.
The Prophet's Song
AlexS

Post by *AlexS »

2karlchen

AlexS but not AlexeS :).

Of course I talk about small archives about 2-3 files (most of archives with programs). Actions: press menu button on archive-extract...-cd to archive dir-copy need file to device-delete dir. 5-10 seconds of all. Different method is change panel, create new dir, copy into file from archive... etc.
kopecek

Post by *kopecek »

Hi,
is possible to add support for ActiveSync 4.x?

I upgrade to WM2005 so I need to use AS 4.1 and WinCE plugin is not working with it. I am using this plugin very often - withouth totalcmd+WinCE plugin is VERy hard to operate with filesystem on my PocketPC. I hate explorer....