majkinetor

[OT] Does anybode knows what is this?

Post by *majkinetor »

Screenshots from my system.

n/a app:

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3
Last edited by majkinetor on 2005-12-09, 09:47 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Xtrician

Post by *Xtrician »

I think its nothing.. just someone scan ip's include your ip.
Elad
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

You have used an eMule leecher mod and now have to face the consequences.

Bad majkinetor, bad.

Besides that personal firewalls are useless junk.

Icfu
This account is for sale
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

@ Xtrician
it is not that
By the way, how possible can I have n/a process in Windows in any case ?

@ icfu
Emule leecher ?!
I don't use that.. I use Dazzle Emule mod but the same thing happens with Emule Plus, BitLord... I have my d/u rate set 2:1 always.

Can you recomend some better firewall ? And why are they junk ? I was tinking to switch to Tiny. I am just testing Outpost, since I have cable internet just from recently so I needed no firewall. It has plugins which is the only one.
Last edited by majkinetor on 2005-12-09, 11:59 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

This looks like some P2P app went stupid.
First, I thought I got some rootkit. But then, I found that messages in DebugView are the same as in P2P apps I use
We are not doing this just for the money.
We are doing it for sh*t load of money.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
Stitscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stitscher »

majkinetor wrote:@ Xtrician

Can you recomend some better firewall ? And why are they junk ?
Take a look.
http://www.ntsvcfg.de/ntsvcfg_eng.html
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

Nice avatar.

I have psservices by SysInternals already. I guess this is basicly the same thing just with presets. Look the script I use (thanx for the link anyway, it will certanly be used)
[face=Courier]
cls
echo SERVICES: Disable unwanted services&echo.

set DISABLED="Alerter" "Automatic Updates" "Error Reporting Service"
set DISABLED=%DISABLED% "Messenger" "Portable Media Serial Number" "Remote Registry" "Secondary Logon"
set DISABLED=%DISABLED% "SSDP Discovery Service" "Windows Time" "Wireless Zero Configuration"

set DEMAND="Help and Support"

choice
if %ERRORLEVEL%==1 (echo.
call :services DISABLED %DISABLED%
call :services DEMAND %DEMAND%
echo.
pause
)

cls
echo.&echo.&echo System setup is finished.
echo Press any key to exit.
echo Copyright (C) Dark Lord Majkinetor
pause >nul
goto :EOF

::****************************************************************************************************
::
:: PROCEDURES
::
::****************************************************************************************************
:services <code> <args>
@echo off&setlocal ENABLEEXTENSIONS

:loop
if "%~2"=="" goto :EOF

echo %1: %2
psservice setconfig %2 %1 1>nul 2>nul
shift /2

goto loop
[/face]
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

Other ideas for n/a ?

PS:
Look what I got on rapidshare :

No premium-user. Please enter
DIE here: [   ] [start download]
I didn't... I was afraid...

:D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

@ icfu
Emule leecher ?!
I don't use that.. I use Dazzle Emule mod but the same thing happens with Emule Plus, BitLord... I have my d/u rate set 2:1 always.
There is no UL/DL ratio in ed2k protocol. If you leech 2:1 another one has to give 2:1. Guess who's cool and who's not? ;)

Your batch does not the same as the script by ntsvcfg.de. That script closes all listening ports <1024 on your machine so you don't need any PFW anymore, you cannot do that with simply shutting down all services. Anyway, everything has been said concerning that, just search this forum for more info if you want to. ;)

When visiting a rapidshare.de link you have to press the "FREE"-button to catch the download.
Edit: Ah, that checkbox is new. DIE? :mrgreen:

Icfu
This account is for sale
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

What do you do when asked to enter SEX and you're alone at home? :lol:

Regards,
deus-ex
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

deus-ex wrote:What do you do when asked to enter SEX and you're alone at home? :lol:
Wank? ;) :lol:

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Wank?
Of course :!: - but which hand :?: - your mousehand or the other :?:
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

What do you do when asked to enter SEX and you're alone at home?
I enter "MALE" and open a lecker Fläsch Kölsch. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

Where is this topic going to ? If you wanna talk about your sexual problems consider some other alternatives (there are plenty of them, really)

@ icfu
It is really a pity to see YOU posting like this....
There is no UL/DL ratio in ed2k protocol. If you leech 2:1 another one has to give 2:1.
Are you serious?
I am not downloading from 1 user, but from multiple users, so nobody has to give 2:1. I keep d/u=2:1 because this is limitation set by my net provider (it is 4:1 actually), so I can't give more than that even if I want.

And finaly, what all those things have to do with n/a application. This weird thing is not something you find everyday, actaully, this is the first time I see it, together with all my other power user friends. So, if you think that some phenomena, in this case "leeching", can crate something that is not there by Win design, you are very wrong.

Script here was example of how services can be automated on PC, my complete script does to many things to be listed here, and imaginative reader can see that it can be extended in any direction. The german script is useless to me, since it is in German (why people write software in their own language?!).
We are not doing this just for the money.
We are doing it for sh*t load of money.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Where is this topic going to ? If you wanna talk about your sexual problems consider some other alternatives (there are plenty of them, really)
You started it by mentioning DIE, right? What has death to do with this thread then? Has your humour died since you pretend to get serious?
Are you serious?
I am not downloading from 1 user, but from multiple users, so nobody has to give 2:1. I keep d/u=2:1 because this is limitation set by my net provider (it is 4:1 actually), so I can't give more than that even if I want.
I am serious. I have an asynchronous connection as well (like 99% of all P2P users), and I don't set any stupid ratios because I don't use any leecher mods. The natural ratio of (P2P) networks is 1:1 because you cannot take out more data than is put in at the other end, this is simple mathematics. What you are doing here is enforcing your provider limit for no reason, you stop uploading if your UL/DL ratio exceeds 2:1 and therefore you give less than you could. Besides that your client is bad for the network because of its "features", its author says it all:
Behaviour to the network
The mod uses a lot of tweaks to increase your download speed considerably, but most of them are not in the official mule for a reason: If they would be widely used it would mean a big degredation in overall network health. This mod will not harm the network when you use it, but if all clients would behave like this mod, the network would really be hurt. These are the changes in the mod that are bad for overall network health:
Ah well, I am sure you know that, that's why you use it, right?
And finaly, what all those things have to do with n/a application. This weird thing is not something you find everyday, actaully, this is the first time I see it, together with all my other power user friends. So, if you think that some phenomena, in this case "leeching", can crate something that is not there by Win design, you are very wrong.
This has already been answered: Personal firewalls suck.
n/a means not available, there are no applications listening on those ports so what do you expect your firewall to do? If you close down eMule you are still receiving packets but as eMule is closed there is no process anymore to receive those packets.
Script here was example of how services can be automated on PC, my complete script does to many things to be listed here, and imaginative reader can see that it can be extended in any direction. The german script is useless to me, since it is in German (why people write software in their own language?!).
The script includes two languages, dear majkinetor. Maybe you should at least download and start it?

Icfu
This account is for sale