[OT] My last worning ?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

majkinetor

[OT] My last worning ?

Post by *majkinetor »

Fu*ck of Ghisler.

Everybody can see username in TC caption !
I never used sn, just the name. From the context of the post it is obvious to every creature with sense of logic that I did NOT mention user name to propagate cracked version. And you could just ask me to edit my post and I would do so....

...last worning...... or banned....

Salut to all good people around.
See you on some better place.

Christian Ghisler wrote:I do not allow the propagation of cracked versions or stolen keys here. While I can understand that salaries are very low in some countries compared to the price of Total commander, I cannot tolerate the usage of cracked versions. I can tolerate that private users use the unregistered version for a longer "evaluation" period - Total commander is limited neither in functions nor time. However, when you use a crack or stolen key, you explicitly and willingly break the law.
Thread closed. Users who should again give hints to where or how to find stolen key or cracks will be banned. This is your last warning. The name and number of the key has been deleted to avoid that people search for it.

It is funny when you realize that it was a waste of time. It makes you feel stupid. :evil:
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

OK, you have wanted it, you will get it. User majkinetor has been banned from this forum for violation of forum rule #6, "no warez". It's one thing to use a crack or warez in private, it's another thing to propagate their usage to other users in the public.

I have hesitaded for a long time to even open a board exactly for this reason. I'm now thinking about closing down the board because it is doing use more damage now than it helps.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I'm now thinking about closing down the board because it is doing use more damage now than it helps.
Don't do it, please.
You know that it's not true. This Forum helps many people everyday. Many of them is probalby not registrated but they use it.
You know that among 6621 people always can find one or more who don't behave as we could wish but that doesn't change the fact that all others understand the rules. Look, there are about 75000 posts - it's lot of time (and sometimes work) we all devoted to this forum, to TC, to You, remember about it, please.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
sas2000
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sas2000 »

ghisler(Author) wrote: I'm now thinking about closing down the board because it is doing use more damage now than it helps.
2Christian
Please do not close the board. :(

2Moderators
You can't be so permissive.

Clo

Fully agree !

Post by *Clo »

2djk

:) Hello D. !

- I fully agree. All that has been posted here is an irreplaceable treasure…
- Personally, I have a large free time to help here, but this needs a real effort for others having families and job charges… This must not be lost !
- Moreover, TC_without_forum should place it in a disadvantageous position with regard to its competitors which have fora and indeed will keep them active !
- An sorry for its supporters, but a Wiki is far to be the same, and less known and handy¦user-friendly than a board, especially a phpBB like this one that I LOVE a lot !

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2006-01-16, 03:15 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
frenky

Post by *frenky »

I'm now thinking about closing down the board because it is doing use more damage now than it helps.
This would not be fair for rest of us, as for you as well.

This board, with all its shortcommings, has been, at least I think, pretty valuable asset for you to hear the end user wishes, requests...
I know I had few.

Plus, rules apply for all of us that are registed at this forum. If they are not followed, ban who ever breaks them. That's why moderators and you are here.

At the end, it is yours product, it's your board, so do as you please...
Ambiguity succeeds where honesty dares not venture.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

... it is doing use more damage now than it helps.
I cannot follow this statement.

Just counting the people who help others with tips, scripts or problem analyzing ( some are kind, some more rude but helpful anyway) against those who do not follow the rules, I got 100:1.

Just counting the written helpful lines ( even those silly .... sorry ... basic questions which get answered all the time) against the damage ones, I got 10000:1

Searching the board for a certain problem will give you a solution for a simple one and meanwhile even for difficult ones.

I found a lot of examples where the board members helped to track down a bug in a fast and reliable way.

This is possible due to the power of the board only.

Don't let a handful nasty people win and destroy what thousands of helpful people had built up !
#5767 Personal license
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

ghisler(Author) wrote: I'm now thinking about closing down the board because it is doing use more damage now than it helps.
I hope you will decide to not close the board. I could not agree that it does more damage than it helps. I think that most of the time users try to follow the forum rules. And the few times they did not the moderators did quite a good job. I remeber at least 3 times spam posts were removed before I could have read them - and since the board feeds RSS I'm rather quick in reading new posts.
Clo wrote: - An sorry for its supporters, but a Wiki is far to be the same, and less known and handy¦user-friendly than a board, especially a phpBB like this one that I LOVE a lot !
That's completely true as you can't ask someone in a Wiki for a certain problem (and get an answer in between a few minutes at most hours).

So please don't take the insulting of a naughty child to heart, have a sleep on it and leave the board open.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

2 ghisler(Author)
I'm now thinking about closing down the board because it is doing use more damage now than it helps.
With all my respect, but you were a bit too excited when you wrote this. It's just ridiculous to close the board because one or two users of more than 6600 violated its rules, even if this violation is so hard. For such cases forum engines allow to ban the users, to remove all or part of the contents of their messages, to appoint moderators who will be able to perform these actions when the owner of the board is busy. And to close the board instead of using all these mechanisms? Hm... Somewhat strange I think.

You cannot deny that the forum helped many users in huge amount of situations, lots of features in TC were born here, numerous bugs were found and then fixed - only because they were published here, confirmed by other users who found the exact ways of reproducing; large number of plugins were developed because of discussions on this forum - and you want to close all this, to destroy this great community of TC users? I don't think that it's a good idea...
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
JP

Post by *JP »

it's another thing to propagate their usage to other users in the public
I fully disagree. People were not making propaganda of cracks or warez. They were talking about people from some countries who have difficulty to buy a TC license. The use of cracks was just mentioned. I myself am a registered user but I can understand that for many people your TC costs a lot. This is not a perfect world. Again for me there was no crack/warez propaganda. But different people see the same thing in different ways. :wink:

I understand that it's difficult to you, the program's author, to read in YOUR forum that some people are using ILEGAL versions of your work. But you can see it in another way. People love your sw pretty much...some just can't pay for it at least now...
Last edited by JP on 2006-01-16, 02:03 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Please don't post while being in rage, I know what I am talking about... ;)

I won't beg for letting this board open 'cause actually I expect from you that you treat the users with respect and honour what they are doing for you in this board. It's not ok to throw mud at the users saving you thousands of hours of support work a year just because one member acts a little childish by naming a leaked key.

majkinetor has started to become a valuable member of this community, he was honest in his statements and has more than once helped other users with their problems so I am feeling sad that he was banned.
But, of course due to the "Fu*ck of Ghisler" statement you had no other chance than to ban him, this is obvious and perfectly ok.

@majki:
Think twice before insulting authors. You can do better, I know because you have proven it. Good luck next time. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
Sam_Zen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sam_Zen »

Dear Christian,
I'm a happy user since the early days of, then still, WC. We've had regular conversations in the pre-forum period about the program, bugs or suggestions. This, despite the fact, that I told you in an early stage, that I was living on welfare
and probably never would be able to officially register as a user. Nevertheless, you always gave me kind and quick replies on the issues. This fact drove me to the principle of accepting the nag-screen, in honour to this, while using
WC or TC, instead of searching for some crack to avoid some clicks. Although I perfectly know how to find it.
Another contribution I can do instead of paying is making effort in propagating TC to others.
I set my own moral thresholds and so should have done majkinetor.
But please, don't let the action of one single fool, close this wonderful place of the TC-family.
A ban is a serious thing. It should i.m.o. only be implemented after a previous warning, which is denied.
Posting a crack or key on the same forum as the app is concerned, is simply 'not done' netwise.
Nothing is foolproof, so the poster should have the room to make apologies for this, promise never again, etc.
Otherwise : Block the bully, but don't finish the forum.
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

I've learned a lot in this board and still am.
The people above have said it all what I want to say.
Please don't close the board.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I'm now thinking about closing down the board because it is doing use more damage now than it helps.
If that gets ever realized I'm sure a fanforum will resurrect! But will you be posting there? ;-)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
carphead

Post by *carphead »

Please Please don't close the board.

I may not post frequently but I'm looking almost every day.

I've been a registered user for almost 3 years and it's the best money I've ever spent on software. I've expanded my use of Total Commander beyond anything I could ever hope for because of this forum.