[REQ] F5 Copy -> F2 Queue ++

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

[REQ] F5 Copy -> F2 Queue ++

Post by *majkinetor ! »

I too often find myself to start some coping and after some time I want to do queue with that transfer.

This isn't possible now, but I have to think in advance (not always possible).

It would be very useful to be able to add files to the queue when transfer is already started. On F5 copy, when I click "F2 queue" (or even better right click, so left stay the same) TC should open a pop up with active transfers and ask me if I want to start new queue or to add to already active transfers...

This is the screenshot I made from which everything should look clear :

Screen
Habemus majkam!
djorge

Post by *djorge »

I also miss this feature.
Support
Personal License #117854
frenky

Post by *frenky »

Support++...

IMHO whole copy feature has a space for improvement...
Ambiguity succeeds where honesty dares not venture.
ado

Post by *ado »

good idea, I suppot it too. That right click to button - I am not sure about it, but feature would be more than welcomed.
I believe everybody who works with big files faces from time to time the same problem.

ado
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

I support the idea too, but only via right-click or smth similar. I want to use quick F5-F2 (or their mouse equivalents) as I do now, without any additional action.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
cHiNgaChg00k

Post by *cHiNgaChg00k »

Sounds like a nice feature if implemented. Bsicly what you're asking for is a "F2 Button" on the copy process window. If it's also added when a copy process is in the background it would be awsome 8)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately this isn't possible - copying and the background transfer manager are two completely different parts of the program which cannot be merged. The only way would be to abort the current copy function, and resume it in the btm, but this wouldn't work e.g. with compatibility mode...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Unfortunately this isn't possible
We are trying to make TC better so "unfortunately this isn't possible" is not the right answer.

Next, on the picture IS ONLY background transfer manager and ONLY in that case it makes sense so I don't follow you with "to abort the current copy function" and I don't have a clue what cHiNgaChg00k is saying

Tell me something.... why don't u use F5 F2 as default mode and just keep the list hidden until we want something in! No big deal.... current background copy without queue is nothing more but the queue without the list. Next, when I use F5 just iterate through open queues and let me choose the one I want to add files too.

Or you can REALLY make us to be able to set f5 f2 as default (like "always copy in background" feature but "always copy in queue") and do no changes to source.
Habemus majkam!
cHiNgaChg00k

Post by *cHiNgaChg00k »

majkinetor ! wrote:Next, on the picture IS ONLY background transfer manager and ONLY in that case it makes sense so I don't follow you with "to abort the current copy function" and I don't have a clue what cHiNgaChg00k is saying
You wrote the following:

Code: Select all

I too often find myself to start some coping and after some time I want to do queue with that transfer. 
That basicly mean that:
1) you started a copy
1.5) you might have put it in the background by pressing the "background" button on the copy transfer progress dialog/window
2) you might want to add more copy jobs
3) you would like to "transform" the copy proces ot the BTM so you can add more jobs to the queue and not have multiple copy windows open

If the above is true then what you want is a magic button that can transform the copy windows to BTM and hence be able to add more jobs. If this isn't what you're looking for please do elaborate, and consider uring commas in your sentences. That might make them easier to read and understan :wink:
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

2 cHiNgaChg00k
Did you look at the picture ? Did you see that window at bottom left ? Yes, it is a background transfer !

I don't press anything, I keep background transfer default.
AND LIKE I SAID, it doesn't make sense if you don't copy in background since YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE TOTAL COMMANDER UNTIL COPING IS FINISHED* !

PS: THE most importan use for this function is when U copy from DVDs. If you start multiple transfers in the background you are finished, DVD is finished. Think about the future: 25 GB DVDs, 50 GB DVDs, NNN GB DVDs.....

----------
* not couniting cacel button
Habemus majkam!
cHiNgaChg00k

Post by *cHiNgaChg00k »

Yes I saw it, but you might as well add a button on the background transfer that adds the copy to the BTM. It's just an addidtion to your request so one doesn't have to initiate a second copy to be able to open the BTM.

Same end, just different approaches that complement each other :idea:
Last edited by cHiNgaChg00k on 2006-01-22, 16:43 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Your approach is better.
It's up to Ghsiler now.
Habemus majkam!
KevinMo

Post by *KevinMo »

Honestly I don't understand why that's not feasible either. I thought BTM is no more than a text list of source and destination...
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Don't ask me..........

I read somewhere that such problems might exist because of bad design.
Habemus majkam!
DarkKnight

Post by *DarkKnight »

Yes, I would like to see that feature too. It would help me when I forgot to press F2 or when I found something more to move when I'm already copying!

Maybe the 2nd threat can wait until the first ended.

An "always copy in queue" option would be better than nothing ;-)