Import list of filenames in MultiRenameTool

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2SanskritFritz

Thats a nice idea. This could indeed save some space.

2All
While trying around a bit with the MRT layout, I thougth about a tabbed MRT interface with an integrated edit field and made a rough fake screener available here. What do you think?

The division into tabs could also be used to modularize e.g. regexp replacing into an own tab, to have room for more options and longer editing fields.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2StickyNomad
Woa. I like it! Man i can hardly wait for 7.0!
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2SanskritFritz

thx for your support!
Man i can hardly wait for 7.0!
You're not alone with that, I'm already drooling after v7 for months, and I really hope a feature like this will be added.

My suggestion surely has room for improvements (e.g. visualizing if the textfile has less entries than files are selected or marking of even/odd lines), I'll see what I can figure out.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

I improved my previous layout a little: See here.

EDIT
At least, I added some descriptions: See actual screenshot here
/EDIT
gbo

OT

Post by *gbo »

StickyNomad wrote:I improved my previous layout a little: See here.

EDIT
At least, I added some descriptions: See actual screenshot here
/EDIT
@StickyNomad

Which tool(s) do you use to make your screenshots and add your comments? I am looking for a quick/easy/elegant solution to add comments to screenshots without having to open photoshop or photoimpact.

I tried annotation pilot but I am not completely satisfied with it and it is not freeware.

TIA

BTW Your fake screens are nice and I also hope seeing them in TC v7...
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
Clo

½ OT…

Post by *Clo »

2gbo

:) Hello Gil !

- Maybe could you use the newest version of XnView "Add text" which has an opacity adjustment feature ?

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

SanskritFritz wrote:Or the buttons could fire submenus like the Options button in the copy dialog.
That's exactly what I suggested a while ago
Instead of YMD and hms buttons (even all others) we can have a popup menu (same like plugin button) and there can be all placeholders, even those not listed in the current dialog, like P, G, d, t etc. There also can be a room for a little explanation of each placeholder.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

During lunch time, I enhanced the redesign of the mrt editor:
MRT Editor Screenshot

I had the idea of havin a menu in the edit field to provied access to formatting options, so you could change case etc. in the whole textfile or a selection. What do you think?

2gbo

Thx for your support! I used Macromedia Fireworks v 1.0 to create the screenshots. I found this a few years ago on a CD of the german 'PC-Magazin' as a full version. Of course current versions are not free, but maybe you can find an archive on the net storing Magazine-cds where you can still get the 1.0.

Another nice program is the open source vector editor Inkscape. It's version 0.4x, but it's quite far developped and worth a try.

Another quite useful vector program is DrawPlus (Version 5 full on a CD of the german c't Magazine, maybe this was released on other magazine CDs, too)

2solid

I'll try out a layuot with the suggested menu buttons, this could save some space indeed.
Stitscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stitscher »

StickyNomad wrote:During lunch time, I enhanced the redesign of the mrt editor:

Very impressive! :shock:
Nice, I'll support it. :D
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

this is cool

too bad ghisler is such a lonely guy...
Habemus majkam!
gbo

Post by *gbo »

StickyNomad wrote: Thx for your support! I used Macromedia Fireworks v 1.0 to create the screenshots. I found this a few years ago on a CD of the german 'PC-Magazin' as a full version. Of course current versions are not free, but maybe you can find an archive on the net storing Magazine-cds where you can still get the 1.0.

Another nice program is the open source vector editor Inkscape. It's version 0.4x, but it's quite far developped and worth a try.

Another quite useful vector program is DrawPlus (Version 5 full on a CD of the german c't Magazine, maybe this was released on other magazine CDs, too)
Thank you for your reply, I will try those applications.
Clo wrote: - Maybe could you use the newest version of XnView "Add text" which has an opacity adjustment feature ?
Nice to know this feature exists could be useful sometimes, however this is not versatile enough.

Thanks anyway
majkinetor ! wrote: Too bad ghisler is such a lonely guy...
It's true that it is a pity because they are very talented people here whose resources could be better used IMO.
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Version 4.0 is the free version, available (amongs other fine stuff) here: http://www.freeserifsoftware.com
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

It's true that it is a pity because they are very talented people here whose resources could be better used IMO.
That is my thought. Especially when those people do it for free..... in that case Ghislers lack of respect is understood much worst....
Habemus majkam!
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2SanskritFritz
Thanks for this link, I didn't know that one.

2majkinetor !
in that case Ghislers lack of respect is understood much worst
Hm, I don't see that as a lack of respect. After all, TC is Ghislers 'baby' and I can accept if he doesn't want that 'too many cooks spoil the meal' (freely translated german saying, hope everyone gets it :D ).

One disadvantage of this philosophy is indeed the strong limitation of resources: one man can only work 24 h a day, not more. So every new feature that has to be implement could cause tremendous delays in developping, so I can understand that he is a bit reserved with some bigger requests.
On the other hand, many little requests made here were implemented instantly in the next release (some I made found silently their way into TC without Ghisler answering directly in the forum), so for sure Ghisler listens to us, and TC is extended with really useful new features every release and still not bloated after all these improvements.

Indeed, there are some requested features I'd like to see that haven't been implemented yet, but it's to us to bring those up again and try to convince him that those requests make sense. And I hope that some big requests are already on his list and will make it in TC8 or later...

But I also think that some side aspects of TC developing could easily be done together with other people, e.g. doing Screenshots, documentation layout etc.
Ghisler could always have the last word on every aspect but some of the 'dirty work' could be done by others while Ghisler could concentrate on TCs 'engine'. But after all, its his decision and we'll have to respect it.

Just my 2 cents...

BTW, some of my humble work will find its way into TC7. Behold the new GUI!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

But I also think that some side aspects of TC developing could easily be done together with other people, e.g. doing Screenshots, documentation layout etc.
Well, that's what I'm dong with the icons now, right? I just don't want to give the coding of the core program out of my hands - that's one of the reason for the many plugin interfaces. I also want to keep the program small and fast, so I haven't integrated Internet Explorer view (which would be just a few lines of code) or other features which would slow down the program.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com