Redefine hotkeys problem

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ukrainian7

Redefine hotkeys problem

Post by *ukrainian7 »

Hi here is the problem: I define some my shortcuts for example: Shift+A; Shift+B and so on. The problem is when I type in command line and use combination "Shift+" for capital letter, if there is define such combination it always run. ghisler can you make it like when "create/rename" "file/directory" in which case there is no problem to type capital letter and such combination.
PS: This is the best file menager I have ever seen!
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

I'm not sure if defining Shift-letter as shortcut keys is a good idea. It contradicts any common usage of shortcuts.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2ukrainian7
SanskritFritz is right. Maybe you could try if a combination like CTRL+SHIFT+[Letter] is suitable for you.
ukrainian7

Post by *ukrainian7 »

First I tried this combination CTRL+Shift+[Letter] but there is a lot of combinations that detect action from other application even they are not active or open like:
ICQ - CTRL+Shift+A - Show/Hide Contact List
WinAmp - CTRL+Shift+H - Start winamp, I use version 5.02
FireFox,TC and more - CTRL+Shift+W - Close all tabs
...and more

That's why I use combination Shift+[Letter]. And there is no problem except when type in TC command line. I know it contradicts any common usage of shortcuts, but it is only way not coincide with other system or programs shortcuts. That is the reason I ask if there is possible to remove shortcut action from ComboBox TC command line
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2ukrainian7
That is the reason I ask if there is possible to remove shortcut action from ComboBox TC command line
Hm... I think that's quite a task for the author to implement this behaviour. Maybe he'll consider this, but I'm not sure as this request is rather special IMHO.

What about CTRL+ALT+[Letter] or CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+[Letter] in case the CTRL+SHIFT-combination is already used by one of your running apps? The last one is a bit finger-twisting, I admit. But this combination surely is not used in many other applications.

As almost always, there is propably a solution with autohotkey, but thats everything but trivial, I think.
ukrainian7

Post by *ukrainian7 »

Yes I agree it is not important, I only mention what found. There is more importan things in TC for future so just to wish ghisler success