Configurable Tree Placement?

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

rackerson

Configurable Tree Placement?

Post by *rackerson »

I have been anxiously awaiting the new treeview option for a real long time now; thanks for adding it to TC7! Unfortunately, I have a small problem with it.

I like to keep my file lists in Full Details mode. When I display the trees using the "Separate Tree > 2" option, I lose information in my file list display due to the space required to accomodate the two new treelists that appear. The end result for me is the loss of 1.5 - 2.5 columns of data.

I know I could run TC in full screen mode to lessen this problem, but I can't stand running apps in full screen mode. I am *trying* to get used to using a single tree to handle to two file lists as an alternative, but so far it doesn't feel natural to me.

Is it possible to configure the treeviews so they appear ABOVE or BELOW their corresponding file lists? This would allow for full details to still appear in the file lists as well as the added benefit of providing room for the tree to be expanded without requiring a horizontal scrollbar to read the expanded folder names.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2rackerson

Hi and welcome!

Did you try to switch to vertical view when the trees are active? (Menu 'show' -> 'vertical arrangement')

OK, this isn't exactly what you requested, but this way you have quite some horizontal space for your columns.
rackerson

Post by *rackerson »

Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks also for the Vertical View suggestion; you are correct, I have more than enough horizontal space that way. Unfortunately, I had already tried this as well (I should have mentioned that) and the only thing I don't love about it is my preference for having the file lists side by side.

I know, I know, I am just too picky! :D

For now, I am toggling between the 2-tree veritical mode and the single tree mode to see which I find more workable. Unfortunately, so far I am finding having no trees to be preferrable. :cry: