Synchronize directories

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Charly

Synchronize directories

Post by *Charly »

Hi,

i have a suggestion for the "cm_FileSync (Synchronize directories)"-panel:

Often i use this panel only to see the difference between an archive and a directory or between 2 archives.

But if its not possible for the TC to synchronize the panels he dont compare all the files.
I see only a "?" in the middle between 2 files.
But when i compare the both files direct (<CTRL>-F3) the TC could compare the files.
Is it possible to change the behavior that the "Synchronize directories" compare all files, but if it is not possible to synchonize, the "/=" sign in the middle has an other color ?

If an archiv ist not readable (corrupted, crypted, ..) i want a message about this problem. Actually the "Synchronize directories"-funktion say nothing.

Greetings to Switzerland :)

Corwin
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

It was discussed many times. The problem is with solid archives - then for each file to be compared it would be necessary to extract almost all the archive from the very beginning.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Charly

Post by *Charly »

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

Why is it not possible, when i call syncronize directories, to expand the solid archive in a temporary dir and then make all the diff operations with this temporary files ?

When i must diff each file separately, it needs much more time to do this.

Greets
  • Corwin
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Agree with Charly, this is annoying. TC could unpack archives to temporary dir and compare. If this "feature" is a problem for someone it could be made off by default and configured in INI by e.g. AllowArchivesUnpackForSync=1.