Thread per tab/panel

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

horizon

Thread per tab/panel

Post by *horizon »

A) Content of pannels (tabs) being fed by separate threads
B) Caching (/not waiting for reaload, but reaload on background) of directory contents while connected thru network

Why these? I cannot do more things paralely. Let's say, I am connected using TC to some slow server (i.e. by VPN or so), I can neither do anything in the panel, because until the first one is reloaded, TC is totaly stuck. (=not responding) Which makes me quite unhappy.

(This is currently best practice at tabbed browsers.)
activescott

Panels/Tabs and Synchronize in Background/Separate Threads

Post by *activescott »

This has been my most desired feature for TC for years. I often browse network drives that have LOTS of files, have gone away (the server is down or I'm in another location, or my wireless connection failed), and this completely freezes TC until it times out. I'd love to be able to hop to the other pane or create another tab and continue while it slowly tries to load the other pane/tab.

The same thing for Synchronizing. Synchronizing can take a very long time and I'd prefer to start the sync or compare and push that window to the background while I continue to use TC.

Same thing, but not quite as necessary for packing/unpacking.
F.R.@.N.K

Post by *F.R.@.N.K »

I also totally agree! Count my vote!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

activescott,
I often browse network drives that have LOTS of files, have gone away (the server is down or I'm in another location, or my wireless connection failed), and this completely freezes TC until it times out.
Perhaps this experimental feature might help:
history.txt wrote:18.10.06 Added: Experimental: wincmd.ini [Configuration] ThreadFindFirst=1 moves FindFirstFile to separate thread, so the user can abort reading from a hanging network connection
HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.