Compare by Content: Shortcuts, Copy/Advance, Config

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Ralph

Compare by Content: Shortcuts, Copy/Advance, Config

Post by *Ralph »

Compare by Content wishes:

[Please skip this first item] 1. The Help indicates that Alt+Left and Right arrow scroll by 30 characters. Instead, Alt+Left/Right arrow currently do nothing unless in edit mode, where they copy the selected material to the pane to which the arrow points. Could the old Alt+Left/Right action of scrolling by 30 characters be restored? I would like to use the Left/Right arrow keys for copying, but the Alt+Left/Right and Ctrl+Left/Right shortcuts already have "traditional" uses.

2. The copy shortcuts Alt+, and Alt+. could be allowed as abbreviations for Alt+< and Alt+> so fewer keystrokes would be needed.

3. In Compare by Content, after a line within a difference block is copied from one pane to the other, that line remains active. It would save keystrokes if the cursor instead would automatically advance to the next line below, within the difference block. After a copy is performed on the last line within a difference block, I usually would want the cursor to jump to the next difference block--but not always, so I would hope for an option switch.

4. The configuration section eventually will take up a significant amount of screen space. Maybe someday most of the configuration settings could be behind a button (with a shortcut) that would toggle the configuration display on or off.

Thanks

Ralph
Last edited by Ralph on 2006-12-15, 04:59 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Ralph wrote:Instead, Alt+Left/Right arrow currently do nothing unless in edit mode
Cannot confirm. In non-edit mode Alt+left/right scroll the contents to the left/right by 30 characters.
TC 7.0pb2, WinXP SP2 Pro.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Ralph

Post by *Ralph »

Flint: Thanks for spotting my mistake; I compared files with short lines, so no left-right scrolling was possible.

Any thoughts on items 2-4?

Ralph