Right-clic to put files/folders in the Ignore List

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

menet

Right-clic to put files/folders in the Ignore List

Post by *menet »

Hi,

it is just a suggestion :idea: : Can you implement a new function in the contextual menu (right-clic) to put the selected files/directories in the Ignore List file (tcignore.txt by default) ? :twisted:

Best regards :wink:
#22273 Personal licence
Sosna

Post by *Sosna »

objection, this function should not be in context menu, it's too dangerous for novices, and even to advanced users to press this button unintentionally. Then it will be hard to understand, was this folder deleted, hidden, or maybe there was no such folder at all! It should be where it is now, but with browse tool added.
Ave Caesar Imperator,
moritari te salutant!
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

menet
You can do it with a little bit more steps: first select the files/folders, then open the Configuration->Ignore list dialog, and press "Add selected names" or "Add selected names with full path" button.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
menet

Post by *menet »

Flint wrote:menet
You can do it with a little bit more steps: first select the files/folders, then open the Configuration->Ignore list dialog, and press "Add selected names" or "Add selected names with full path" button.
Thanks Flint,

I already know this way to put files/folders in the Ignore List because it is the standard quick way to do it (without noting manually all them in the configuration Ignore List). :roll:

It is a little longer, it is why I had propose another way to do it. 8)

Regards :wink:
#22273 Personal licence
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Create a button for cm_IgnoreConfig

Then you can click this button, then the button to add the selected files with/without full path.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
menet

Post by *menet »

Thanks Christian,

It is more quicker to do that than doing Options / Configuration / ... :P

:idea: Another suggestion about the tcignore.txt file : Can it be sorted after doing Apply or OK ? Or have a way to sort them inside the IgnoreConfig window ?

Best regards :wink:
#22273 Personal licence
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2menet
Can it be sorted after doing Apply or OK ?
Hm, I'm not sure about that. I think I'd prefer to have the list entries sorted the way I added the files to that list.

Of course if auto-sorting would be optional, I'm not against it. A workaround is to sort the ignore file in a text editor...