Open With Single Click And Inactive Panel/View

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

KelSolaar

Open With Single Click And Inactive Panel/View

Post by *KelSolaar »

Hello,

When using the "Open file and directories with a single click" option and you are clicking on a file/directory of an inactive view, you need to click 2 times, one time to activate the view and another time to actually enter the directory or open the file. Is there a way to have only one click to do this ?

Best Regards,

Thomas
Clo

TAB

Post by *Clo »

2KelSolaar

:) Hello ! Welcome aboard !

• Press the TAB key prior, it's that I do…
- Moreover, I recommend you to set the single click option in your <wincmd.ini> file as :
[Configuration]
SingleClickStart=2
or
SingleClickStart=6
for security reasons :
SingleClickStart=Flag
*0 A double-click starts the programmes (default).
¤ Recommended.
* 1 : A single click starts the programmes and opens the files (Win98 WEB style)
! Not recommended ! A virus “disguised” as an innocent file could be under the cursor !
* 2 : Only opens the folders by a single click, not files¦programmes or archives.
* 5 : Like “1”, but disables the XP listbox autoscroll…
* 6 : Like “2”, but disables the XP listbox autoscroll
(the cursor remains on the selected directory when one moves the mouse over the list)
¤ Recommended, secure and handy!
:mrgreen: Kind regards
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

As a mouse-centric user I too find this irritating. Other file managers don't require that extra click to activate a panel. As a result, they feel "fluid" in use, whereas TC feels "rough".

An archaic GUI behavior, IMHO.
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
KelSolaar

Re: TAB

Post by *KelSolaar »

Clo wrote:2KelSolaar

:) Hello ! Welcome aboard !

• Press the TAB key prior, it's that I do…
Yeah that's a way to do the thing :) But like said John it would be really nice to not need this extra click : I'm coming from Speedcommander that don't require it and I'm really used to this behavior (less clicks).
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Wasn't there a script somewhere? By icfu IIRC?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

This account is for sale
KelSolaar

Post by *KelSolaar »

Thanx for the script ICFU, it's just perfect :) I'll need to check if I can have this running at work, I don't really know if it's possible to install AHK without Administrator rights. Hope an TC embedded solution will be available in next releases though.

Thanx,

Thomas
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

yw ;)

You don't need to install AHK, you can either compile the script to an Exe or you can just take AutoHotkey.exe with you and start it with the script as parameter.

Icfu
Last edited by icfu on 2008-06-18, 18:21 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
This account is for sale
KelSolaar

Post by *KelSolaar »

icfu wrote:yw ;)

You don't need to install AHK, you can either compile the script to an Exe or you can just take AutoHotkey.exe with you and start it with the script as parameter.

Icfu
Hehe yeah just saw that :D
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

Well now, THAT's a useful script!

Thank you icfu!
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
deanhill1971

Post by *deanhill1971 »

I like SingleClickStart=1 (with listbox autoscroll).

However, there is an annoyance with multiple columns of filenames when one of the columns is only partially visible (you can only see the first few letters of the names and the rest is cut off by the window border). If I move the mouse slightly into this partially hidden column, then the autoscroll quickly scrolls to the end of the list.

Is this just a feature of the XP listbox autoscroll? It would be preferable to autoscroll only enough to make the partial column fully visible.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately it's a bug of XP autoscroll. I specifically set the flag to auto-scroll only as much as necessary, but the XP listbox control ignores that and scrolls until the item is completely visible. :(
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Astoria

Re: Open With Single Click And Inactive Panel/View

Post by *Astoria »

Hi!
I'm a mouse-centric and SingleClickStart user too and I hate this double-click in inactive panel, because you should every click remember is it "single" or "double" this time. EVERY TIME! That damn inactive panel, you never know if single click open file/folder or not.
I have tried AHK script from this post, but it doesn't solve the issue, because you can't select item and then click any action button on toolbar - you lost focus.
I had stopped using TC, finally.
But now I have a solution or I think I have.
I've been testing it for a while and it works.
AHK script (I use it for all windows, and it works even if you came to inactive panel from other window)

Code: Select all

~LButton::
ControlGetFocus, Focused, A
MouseGetPos, , , , Hovered
if (Hovered = "LCLListBox2" and Focused != "LCLListBox2")
    Send {LButton}
 else if (Hovered = "LCLListBox3" and Focused != "LCLListBox3")
     Send {LButton}
return
If you don't know (as I do) how to select one item at a time in SingleClickStart mode, you may try this AHK script (key A=cm_ClearAll in config) to use Right click (UseRightButton=1 in config). Right-click-moving and ctrl/shift-left-click for multiselection still work.

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive, ahk_class TTOTAL_CMD
~RButton::
Send {a}
return
#IfWinActive
This is truly a dream come true for me! More than 10 years old problem, as I see...
PS. Sorry for my pour English.