Hiding the menu bar

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

hoppfrosch

Post by *hoppfrosch »

MVV wrote:
MVV in new Readme wrote:Configuration file should be placed near module and have same name and extension INI. You need it only if you wish to redefine default command indexes (specified below after equals signs).
Is it clear now?
I think it's a clearer now - unless it was already clear for me before, thanks to your explanation ;-)

Thanks!
jmwap

Post by *jmwap »

A big +1 to include this functionality in TC natively.

Ideally it could work as Notepad++ does it, if you choose to hide menubar (in config), then either F10 or Alt make it visible, and as soon as you choose a item in any of the menus it becomes hidden again.

It would save some valuable space :).
sticazzi

Post by *sticazzi »

MVV wrote: To hide main menu using TCFS2 you need to e.g. execute following command:

Code: Select all

TCFS2 /ei mm0
I tried but it doesn't work: tc said "Function not implemented! 65538" :oops:
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

sticazzi wrote:
MVV wrote: To hide main menu using TCFS2 you need to e.g. execute following command:

TCFS2 /ei mm0
I tried but it doesn't work: tc said "Function not implemented! 65538" :oops:
This is because autorun.wdx is not loaded and/or do not load Autorun_HideMenu.dll.
Autorun.wdx is not loaded when tc7.56a starts !
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

sticazzi, read Autorun.wdx manual to know how to enable its auto-loading with TC and how to install its plugins.
sticazzi

Post by *sticazzi »

MVV wrote:sticazzi, read Autorun.wdx manual to know how to enable its auto-loading with TC and how to install its plugins.
I don't understand this sentence very well actually, mainly "create color scheme based on this plugin" (Is it really necessary to do that?) and "set comparison for Autorun field":
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Next, in order to load plugin at Total Commander start, you should create color scheme based on this plugin, and set comparison for "Autorun" field. Any equation is acceptable.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

sticazzi, the only way to start some TC content plugin - is to add a rule for file coloring that will use field of this plugin in its conditions. So TC will load this plugin when started because it will need to color file types. This plugin contains special content field 'Autorun' that never returns a value but it is enough for plugin to be loaded. So you need to: open Configuration, Color, 'Define colors by type...', 'Add', 'Define...', choose 'Plugins' tab, add a rule "autorun Autorun > 0" (you may specify any condition but you must choose this field). Then you need to save search preset (e.g. I named it 'Autorun') and choose as file type for coloring. You may choose ANY color for this file type, you'll never see this color because this color template will never match, it is used only for autoloading plugin with TC.
sticazzi

Post by *sticazzi »

Now It's more clear, many thanks MVV :)
jmwap

Post by *jmwap »

I am trying to configure menu hiding (automatic showing with Alt) using this method but I cant.

I have done the following:

1 install Autorun, configure a color in prefs for it
2 edit autorun.cfg with value: LoadLibrary "abs-path-to\tools\TCFS2\TCFS2Tools.dll"

I understood by reading the thread that it should be enough to make it work, but is not, so i am wrong.

Anyone could enlighten me?
thanks
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

jmwap, it is not enough. TCFS2Tools is just a command processor, you should send a command to hide menu. It may be done via mentioned Autorun.cfg using TCFS2 (TCFS2.ini already contains predefined command mm0 that sends required message so the command is simple):

LoadLibrary "abs-path-to\tools\TCFS2\TCFS2Tools.dll"
ShellExec "%COMMANDER_PATH%\Addons\TCFS2\TCFS2.exe" "/ei mm0"
jmwap

Post by *jmwap »

brilliant MVV, working now
thanks
ayuan1129

Post by *ayuan1129 »

after config above code
start totalcommander, occur error below

TCFS2
---------------------------
Error:
Unavailable key

Items:
mm0[/img]
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

ayuan1129, have you placed TCFS2.ini from subfolder EN to TCFS2 folder as described in Readme?
1. Configuration file

All functions are in configuration file and may be changed at any moment. Configuration file must be placed near application and have same name and extension INI. Sample configuration files with some commands are shipped with program (just copy it from EN folder to program's folder).
ayuan1129

Post by *ayuan1129 »

so quickly repy, thank you

i forget copy en\TCFS2.ini to parent folder.

now, it'a ok!
rilley

Re: Hiding the menu bar

Post by *rilley »

Hello,

I get:

Function not implemented!

When executing

TCFS2.exe /ei mm0

Total commander 9.50, 32 bit, Mac OS X Crossover19(wine)

TCFS2_2.4.3.584
TCFS2Tools_1.4.4.216