Hiding the menu bar

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

BociPuki

Hiding the menu bar

Post by *BociPuki »

I'd be interested in an option to hide the menu bar (in the settings).
I always use shortcuts so it's just space consuming.

Thank you.
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

BociPuki

Post by *BociPuki »

Ah, that fixed it, thanks :)
Though i still suggest such an option, so menu could be hidden by default and be brought back by pressing alt or so.
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

BociPuki wrote:... and be brought back by pressing alt or so.
You're right, that would make this layout more useful. :wink:

Regards,
Holger
ak0rn

Post by *ak0rn »

Top menu can be removed by entering path to empty (zero sized) file for main menu file in "Configuration -> Options -> Language", but I don't want to permanantly remove this menu, I want it to apear when I press ALT (like it's done in explorer on vista & win7)

Please consider possibility to implement this option in next release :roll:
9kvD38n6

Post by *9kvD38n6 »

I'd like to second this. An auto-hiding menu bar to be made visible when pressing alt would be a very welcome feature. Thanks!
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

You may use my TCFS2 tool to control TC interface. Hovewer, if you want to hide menu and show it by Alt key you will need also Autorun plugin with Autorun_HideMenu module (post contains download link) - module should be loaded via Autorun.wdx and then TCFS2 may be used to show/hide menu bar. It is safest way to hide menu because it works within TC process and frees outdated resources.
hoppfrosch

Post by *hoppfrosch »

MVV wrote:... you will need also Autorun plugin with Autorun_HideMenu module (post contains download link) ...
The link provided in the Autorun_HideMenu module-Topic is not correct (anymore?) - it leads to russian gaming site ... (at least I cannot identify the described link on the linked site ...)

Is this module available elsewhere?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Sorry link in this post is pointing to deleted old version. Recently I've updated Autorun_HideMenu module.
You may always find working link in first post of TCFS2 discussion topic - I'm updating post when new versions are released.
hoppfrosch

Post by *hoppfrosch »

MVV wrote:You may always find working link in first post of TCFS2 discussion topic - I'm updating post when new versions are released.
Thanks, got it - but the link is quite difficult to follow, when you don't speak russian ... (first entering captcha - then identfy link on the download page ...)

Edit:

It's not quite clear, how to get it work Autorun_HideMenu.dll work with TCFS2 (at least my first attempts failed yet):
Autorun_HideMenu - Readme wrote: 1. Configuration file

Configuration file must be placed near application and have same name and extension INI. It allows to redefine command indexes to control main menu.
Which application is meant: TCFS2 or Autorun_HideMenu.dll (Autorun_HideMenu is a dll and not an application ...) or what else?
As far as I understand, described redefinition of command indexes is not needed - but it would be helpful to understand which application is meant anyway ...
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Thanks for corrections, you're right, help file means 'module' and not 'application', I'll correct it for future releases. However usually you don't need Autorun_HideMenu.ini file - in this case default IDs are used. All you really need - is to configure Autorun.wdx to start HideMenu module - to do it just add a line to Autorun.cfg:

Code: Select all

LoadLibrary Modules\Autorun_HideMenu.dll
(specify full or relative path to module if it is not in Modules subfolder of Autorun.wdx installation folder)

If you've downloaded TCFS2, its INI already has ready commands to call HideMenu functions. Commands mm0, mm1 and mm2 allow to turn main menu off, on and switch. And, command mm_track allows to show main menu as popup menu. When menu is hidden, you may press Alt key to display it temporary.

To hide main menu using TCFS2 you need to e.g. execute following command:

TCFS2 /ei mm0
hoppfrosch

Post by *hoppfrosch »

Everything works now as hoped ...
MVV wrote:However usually you don't need Autorun_HideMenu.ini file - in this case default IDs are used. All you really need - is to configure Autorun.wdx to start HideMenu module - to do it just add a line to Autorun.cfg:

LoadLibrary Modules\Autorun_HideMenu.dll
(specify full or relative path to module if it is not in Modules subfolder of Autorun.wdx installation folder)

If you've downloaded TCFS2, its INI already has ready commands to call HideMenu functions. Commands mm0, mm1 and mm2 allow to turn main menu off, on and switch. And, command mm_track allows to show main menu as popup menu. When menu is hidden, you may press Alt key to display it temporary.

To hide main menu using TCFS2 you need to e.g. execute following command:

TCFS2 /ei mm0
Perhaps it might make sense to put this description/explanation in the readme as well ...

Thanks for your support and keep up your good work
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Great that you made it:)

BTW this info is already in HideMenu Readme file (maybe in some other words but it is there). Please check it again - maybe you can say what exactly is unclear in Readme - I'll try to correct it.
hoppfrosch

Post by *hoppfrosch »

MVV wrote:Please check it again - maybe you can say what exactly is unclear in Readme - I'll try to correct it.
Having the notes above, it's a pretty clear documentation. The "readme" alone is a little confusing - esp. the section about "configuration file".
For example:
You write as a very first point in the readme about "configuration file":
Readme_Autorun_HideMenu.txt wrote: Configuration file must be placed near application and have same name and extension INI. It allows to redefine command indexes to control main menu.
Reading only the first sentence it implies that configuration file is not optional, but mandatory ("must be placed").

And it's only described how the command indexes are redefined - it's not described what the default values are ...

You wrote as an explanation for me: "However usually you don't need Autorun_HideMenu.ini file - in this case default IDs are used.". This sentence and describing the default ids should be sufficient additions to the readme-file in my eyes ...

Thanks for your patience
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Well, default IDs are specified after '=' mark in 1st Readme section:) just like in TOTALCMD.chm wincmd.ini help section. Ok, I'll add a note.

I've corrected that paragraph, now it looks like this:
MVV in new Readme wrote:Configuration file should be placed near module and have same name and extension INI. You need it only if you wish to redefine default command indexes (specified below after equals signs).
Is it clear now?