Changing main window colors

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

rado84

Changing main window colors

Post by *rado84 »

I hope this has not been suggested yet - to add an option with which one can change the main window colors the same way as we can now change background and font colors. I'm not a big fan of white and gray colors and I'd be more than happy if I could change the main window color to black and main window texts (such as "File", "Start", drive letters) to another color. For example, I'd make main window color black and the texts I mentioned could be silver or gray.
TC user since 1999
Can't live without TC
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

System-wide settings are not an option for you? If white and gray don't make you happy, surely it can't be just with TC, but other apps too.
rado84

Post by *rado84 »

I know I can change theme's colors but I don't wanna do this because it becomes ugly and besides, the last time I did it not all texts in TC were affected. The toolbars as well as drive letters at the moment can't have any other color no matter how much of the theme in Windows you change. When I make changes for windows colors in appearance settings - these toolbars remain silver. I want to make them black with silver text, for example.

About other applications - the most of the programs I use on a daily basis have an option to change colors or at least - have different skins which can be downloaded from the world wide web.
TC user since 1999
Can't live without TC
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

The toolbars as well as drive letters at the moment can't have any other color no matter how much of the theme in Windows you change.
You may want to give it one more try. I never had any problem with TC not respecting my color choice, toolbars included. It may of course depend on Windows version, selected visual theme or TC's own settings whether to try to use themed interface parts or not.
About other applications - the most of the programs I use on a daily basis have an option to change colors or at least - have different skins which can be downloaded from the world wide web.
Please, anything but skins, in most cases skins are synonym for unnecessary bloat. But custom colors would be harmless.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

rado84, try to disable "Windows XP theme background" under "Configuration - Layout". Also there is an option "XP style" in button bar configuration.
rado84

Post by *rado84 »

I'm with Windows 7.
TC user since 1999
Can't live without TC
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Just try it, it doesn't matter which OS you're using, it disables themes for toolbars. Themes are since Windows XP, so option is called so.
rado84

Post by *rado84 »

I did. It didn't change anything.
TC user since 1999
Can't live without TC
g200

Re: Changing main window colors

Post by *g200 »

Sometimes I ran the second copy of the TC.
It is hard, later, to identify which one was the original one.
Is there an option for the second one to appears in different color?
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Changing main window colors

Post by *Stefan2 »

g200 wrote: 2021-09-05, 21:41 UTC Sometimes I ran the second copy of the TC.
It is hard, later, to identify which one was the original one.
Is there an option for the second one to appears in different color?

On default you will see the "instance number" of the running TCs at the title bar, starting with [2] for the second TC instance running.