Two Separate trees: "drag & drop target" mode

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Two Separate trees: "drag & drop target" mode

Post by *DrShark »

This mode requires even more independence for sepatate trees than in my another suggestion for two separate trees, however this is not a replacement but rather an expansion/addition to it. It is also can be considered as an addition to existing Tabs feature.

So in this mode navigation in any of separate trees shouldn't cause change of path or focus in each file panel, and the same is true for navigation in panels. In this mode user can expand any number of folders in each of trees, and with Drag&Drop use them as target for comy/move/pack from panels.

cm_ command for each separate tree can be added to switch "drag & drop target" mode on-off status on-the-fly, I consider it as the "must have" addition.

The only connection between panels and trees in "drag & drop target" mode may be the same sorting method for
pairs left panel-left tree / right panel-right tree, like suggested here (of course if it will be implemented), although for very this mode all the tree must be sorted.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Not a comment to this entry but a general comment to all your suggestion in the last few days.
You are trying to get a file manager according to your very special own requirements. I guess you will not most of it in near future.
Even using TC since Windows 3.1 and on all sort of systems I came not accross to most of your wishes.
I guess Christian already has a very large list of requests and we will see what TC 9.x will bring.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

2Horst.Epp, it's off-topic, so just one comment.
Horst.Epp wrote:You are trying to get a file manager according to your very special own requirements
Most users want a file manager, or other software they use, to meet "very special own requirements". Maybe most users just don't "try to get" one, but I believe they want.
Horst.Epp wrote:I guess you will not [get] most of it in near future
It's fair, and I'm OK with it. Now my suggestions, including weird, are in public access, so there are more chances they will be implemented in other software.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708