Access Lister's menu in QuickView

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Access Lister's menu in QuickView

Post by *DrShark »

In discussion about formerly missed tab headers context menu of a panel with QuickView active, there has been a suggestion to change such context menu adding the items for actions on QuickView:
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-03-31, 13:15 UTCwhich of the right click commands would make any sense while quick view is active?
There was an idea to replace its menu items with Lister/QuickView menu:
petermad wrote: 2019-03-31, 17:15 UTCFor the tab that shows the Quick View, I think that the text on the tab should be changed either to "Quick View" (or the Quick View icon). Right click menu could either be disabled or it could be used to show the "Options" menu of Lister - in that way it could be easy to change plugin, which it not always is now, because the plugin "steals" the keyboard input, so you cannot just press 4 to change plugin (you have to click on the header bar of the Quick View, an sometime that doesn't even work)
In email discussion, Christian Ghisler also looked for options to combine current QuickView tab header context menu and Lister one:
Christian Ghisler wrote:regarding the Lister menu above quick view, I could show them in the tab right click menu instead of the view modes. Currently when you choose a view mode, it closes quick view and switches to the selected view. But this isn't really that useful. When I remove these while quick view is shown, I could shown the Lister menus directly in the context menu
I suggested the way without removing of ViewModes menu completely:
DrShark wrote:Currently view modes indeed aren't really useful in QuickView, but in theory they could be:
if in "Auto-switch" to add an additional rule "Quick View", then it could be a trigger for View Mode "Auto-run commands" action.

To leave a room for above possible feature, and still add Lister's menu items to Tab's menu with QuickView opened, it's possible to do following:
1) replace "Configure view modes" menu item and view modes items behind it with one "Show view modes" menu item which will call a menu opened with a command cm_SrcViewModeList
2) behind that new "Show view modes" menu it's possible can place Lister's menu items.
Hovewer, Christian Ghisler's finale conclusion about above ideas was that such implementations will still bloat tab header's context menu too much, so neither of that options is implemented in TC 9.50.

Maybe there is another good way to add Lister's context menu to QuickView tab header? If there is no such one, I suggest to consider an alternative way to call Lister context menu when QuickView is opened: via new cm_ command, which, similar to cm_ChangeArchiveEncoding which works only in opened archive, will work only if QuickView is opened. And, since QuickView may be opened only in 1 panel, such command may work when called both either while file list or QuickView panel is on a focus at the moment.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Access Lister's menu in QuickView

Post by *petermad »

Maybe there is another good way to add Lister's context menu to QuickView tab header? If there is no such one, I suggest to consider an alternative way to call Lister context menu when QuickView is opened: via new cm_ command, which, similar to cm_ChangeArchiveEncoding which works only in opened archive, will work only if QuickView is opened. And, since QuickView may be opened only in 1 panel, such command may work when called both either while file list or QuickView panel is on a focus at the moment.
That sounds like a good idea - AND it will also work without any Tabs showing.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

Currently I don't have other better ideas about the place to make the access for Lister menu in QuickView. Why don't implement it by internal command at least for now? QuickView is a part of Total Commander window anyway, so the Button Bar button for such command will provide some basic UI for it.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

How about adding Lister's menu as a breadcrumb of QuickView's current directory bar?
Currently the breadcrumbs bar isn't working there anyway...

So, on Alt+F11/Alt+F12, TC will show breadcrumb's "down-pointing triangle" ("▾") button, which will open Lister's menu as a breadcrumb menu.