Additional status bar(s)

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Additional status bar(s)

Post by *DrShark »

This suggestion has been mentioned breifly in context of a suggestion to customize info provided by current status bar behind file panels:
Jibz wrote: 2009-07-22, 09:11 UTCI was wondering if it would be possible to add an option to show long filenames on a second line in the status bar [...]
I suggest to make it possible to show additional status bar, maybe multiline by design (similar to button bar), and placed either as new line(s) of current status bar, or below Fx buttons. Information provided by such bar should be cuztomizable, so I suggest following features for it:
a) such status bar could have either a separated between panels look (like current status bar below panels) or to be as a single bar - maybe this could be configurable, even for each line of such status bar;
b) TC could provide additional status info to that bar which it currently doesn't show in any way, like info that QuickView is busy when opening file via plugin, "re-reading process" status when returning to TC with large opened directory, or expanding a tree, progress of making many folders with F7 etc... - currently sometimes such ongoing actions don't have any indication to user. I think TC can provide much more information it currently doesn't show on existing status bar, of course it may be not only status of many additional actions.
c) in addition to own info, TC could allow to place the fields with info provided by wdx plugins on such status bar.
d) it would be even more useful if for fields on such status bar to enable possibility to select and copy text.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
Hacker

Re: Additional status bar(s)

Post by *Hacker »

Big support++.
I have been asking for this for ages (since the times I've been using Dos Navigator).
Additionally the WDX plugin interface could be updated so the plugins could get information about which files are selected (so e.g. if you select ten MP3 files you could make the status bar show the total duration of the ten songs) and also show information about all files in the folder (again, e.g. total MP3 duration).

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
hi5
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Additional status bar(s)

Post by *hi5 »

+1
F4MiniMenu (Forum) - Open selected file(s) from TC in defined editor(s) - A (minimalistic) clone of F4Menu
Source at GitHub (AutoHotkey). TCSyncComments (copy file comments)