Add the ability to feed search results for files inside archives to the File Window

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Dmitro25

Add the ability to feed search results for files inside archives to the File Window

Post by *Dmitro25 »

Hi!
I occasionally encounter a problem when I search for files inside one or more archives, and then I need to compare them with each other or with existing files on disk, or copy them to a single folder on disk for further work with them. I start the search process, and now I see all the found files results in the search window ("Find Files"), I can even view at individual files, but when I try to perform "Feed to listbox" in the File Window, only the names of the archives appear, but not the found files themselves.
I don't think I'm the only one with this problem. It might be worth adding archive search results to the "File Window" in the same way that they are displayed in the search window, for example: "d:\Backup\20200326-114453.rar/work\Cardio\uCommonProc.pas" ?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Add the ability to feed search results for files inside archives to the File Window

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately it's not possible because TC cannot work with a mix of compressed files from multiple archives, or a mix of compressed and uncompressed files in the same panel.

If you just want to compare 2 files, do the following:
1. After the search, double click on the first file to view it in one panel
2. Switch to the other panel
3. Re-open the search - the last results are still there
4. Double click on the second file to view it in the other panel
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com