View Modes: Copy and Paste for Rules of Auto Switch Mode

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

View Modes: Copy and Paste for Rules of Auto Switch Mode

Post by *DrShark »

Currently on Auto Switch Mode, there are Add... and Delete... buttons for adding and deleting rules groups (sets).
I suggest to add also Copy and Paste buttons to copy and paste the rules.

As I see it, buttons should do following:
Copy button should copy the rules of the set selected in "Rules" frame.
Paste button should add that copied rules to ones that already exist in selected rules set.
If we're creanteng new rules set with Add... button (so it is showed as "+" in Rules frame) and nothing is changed in it yet, paste action should just make there a clone of copied rules set.

This addition will make it easier and much more quick for user to create similar rule sets, as well as to make some often changes in in certain rules set based on existing ones (e.g. we have user-defined Unchanged view mode which changes columns set to default and the rules set for it where the rules/subrules supposed to be the same as in other rule sets except their rule "Must Match" rule should be changed to "Must not match").
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: View Modes: Copy and Paste for Rules of Auto Switch Mode

Post by *petermad »

Support++

It would also be nice with the ability to move the sub-rules up and down - as it is now, if I for example have 5 rules (|) and want to insert a new rule 2, I have to delete rule 2, 3, 4 and 5, write the new rule 2, and then rewrite manually the previous rules 2, 3, 4 and 5 as new rules 3, 4, 5 and 6 - pretty tedious
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar