File Search - Display not only filenames but also Size and Date

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

HaraldKr

File Search - Display not only filenames but also Size and Date

Post by *HaraldKr »

In the result window of file search it would be helpful if not only the filenames are listed but also their size and last modification date, just like in the normal 2-Pane Window. Would help a lot to identify the file better when doing a generic search
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: File Search - Display not only filenames but also Size and Date

Post by *Stefan2 »

Hi and welcome.

In the result window of file search
press after search is completed
the button on the bottom right [Feed to listbox] to get the result in a "normal" list view with all details.

That?

HaraldKr

Post by *HaraldKr »

In my version it does transfer it, but does not display size and date in the "normal" list. Also when the files are in a archive like zip or rar it displays only the archive filename but not the file inside the archive.
I have Version 9.51
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

Well, unfortunately TC does not do this automatically by default.

But you can workaround this by defining a custom column view with the columns you desire (size, etc...). Using such a custom column view, you will then be able to also see the respective info in those columns. (I don't know if there is an easier way...)

To create a custom column view, right-click anywhere on any column of TC's file list panel, and then select "Configure custom columns..." (or so) in the context menu. You can then later switch between different column views using the same context menu, or alternatively through the "Show" menu.

If you configure this custom view to use the same columns like the standard view you are using now, it can then be used as a kinda permanent substitute for the standard view, so you wouldn't get annoyed by switching back and forth between different column views.

Note that when using such a custom column view, you won't see the full path display when he search results has ben fed into the file list pane. Only the file/directory names without path will be shown in the Name column. You can add a column for showing the full path. But that column would then be additional to the normal file name column, as it is not possible to remove the default file name and extension columns from a custom view.

(I can't help with the issue regarding files within archives, unfortunately.)
HaraldKr

Post by *HaraldKr »

I think in the next release there should be just a display of size and date in the search window. Its the easiest solution.