Respect "Extra lines below cursor" when switching to Full

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Respect "Extra lines below cursor" when switching to Full

Post by *Hacker »

Hi Christian, all,
When switching from Brief to Full, the "Extra lines below cursor" setting is not being respected, i.e. I press Ctrl-F2 and sometimes the file under the cursor is at the bottom of the list, not X lines above, I have to press cursor up (and down) for the setting to take effect. I would like this setting to be respected also when switching modes.
I am using ScrollingMarginFlags=1.

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Respect "Extra lines below cursor" when switching to Full

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is intentional - it's only respected when scrolling with the keyboard. It is also ignored when clicking with a mouse on a file within the scroll zone. The idea is a "look ahead" when scrolling with the keyboard.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian,
Well, but, why can't I have the lookahead when already switching to the Full view?
My use case, which I admit is a bit specific, is that I have TC maximized and when I want to see the file details I press Ctrl-F2. Now I often have notification banners pop up in the bottom right corner of the screen, covering up the details for the bottom-most files in Full view. However, if the setting "Extra lines below cursor" was respected, the file I want to see the details of would be above the notifications and I'd see the details immediately, without the need to scroll.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The reason is that extra scrolling for look ahead is often problematic - for example, when you click on a file in the look ahead zone, and TC would scroll, then when you make a double click, the second click would go to the wrong file. Therefore I have restricted the extra scrolling just to a few interactions with the keyboard.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian,
Well, this one (pressing Ctrl-F2) is with the keyboard :)

Roman