"Command line parameters" button's dialog: allow to insert values of special parameters

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

"Command line parameters" button's dialog: allow to insert values of special parameters

Post by *DrShark »

In some cases, it could be convenient to have one button where it would be possible to set different special parameters (variables) each time the button is used.
For example, we have a button with "%N" parameter, but in some cases we want to pass the "%P" instead.
I suggest to implement it in following way:
we already can modify the dialog by putting question mark (?) as a first parameter in Parameters button field, so when to click a button, TC asks whether to change current parameters of the button (with internal special parameters being already expanded).
If to add this dialog button which will allow to choose the other parameters (similar to "+" button in F7 dialog), it will be possible to quickly select and replace e.g. the value of "%N" with value of "%P".
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Re: "Command line parameters" button's dialog: allow to insert values of special parameters

Post by *DrShark »

Now that the specuial %B parameter is implemented, such an option to insert parameters would be useful e.g. for following case:
I use a button bar button:

Code: Select all

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
zipfromlist -10
?"%O%E.zip" %UF
%COMMANDER_PATH%\TOTALCMD64.EXE,21
Pack ZIPX

to create an archive with the name of file under cursor.

But sometimes I prefer file's parent as an archive name, so in this case I can use another button with "%B.zip" instead of "%O%E.zip".
Instead of having these 2 buttons I'd prefer to be able to instert the value of mentioed parameters righrt in the "Command line parameters" button's dialog (invoked by "?" mark in parameters) using a button there which will open a list of available parabeters (similar to "+" button in F7 dialog which offers a list of placeholders).
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: "Command line parameters" button's dialog: allow to insert values of special parameters

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Good idea, Support+

Currently I solve such problem making a button using the Toolbar.exe from the ButtonBar eXtended 2.4 - source.
So in your example the normal click uses the filename and a Ctrl-Click uses the pathname.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64