File transfer dialogs (Copy/Move, Upload etc.): options to start background (not queue) operation

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

File transfer dialogs (Copy/Move, Upload etc.): options to start background (not queue) operation

Post by *DrShark »

Currently for operations that support the file transfer queue, in Copy/Move dialog Total Commander allows to start the operation in a background queue (Background Transfer Manager) by a click on "F2 Queue" button or the F2 key on keyboard.

I suggest to add to file transfer dialogs like Copy/Move, Upload, etc. a hotkey also to start the operation in background, but not queue - it matters because the queue background is not supported for some operations where regular background transfer is still supported. I understand some people might already call Copy/Move dialog overcomlicated, and the hotkey for new option there would probably also require to add also a GUI for that option, like a button similar to existing "F2 Queue", and since the hotkey is supposed to work in the dialog after it is opened, that option shouldn't be hidden under Advanced options. But I hope there is still a room for adding importatnt options to such dialogs.

The same hotkey, and respective option for it, could be added also for internal delete confirmation dialog (if internal delete method is used which supports the switch of delete progress to background).
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708