Allow Separate QuickView in Find Files search results

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Allow Separate QuickView in Find Files search results

Post by *DrShark »

While the search is still going on and Feed to listbox option is not yet available, but Find Files is already showing some found items in results, it would be nice to quickly view their content with Separate QuickView (Ctrl+Shift+Q) by just changing the focused item with curor keys - that would be more convenient than pressiong F3 on each file.

Also I suggest to add a command cm_SeparateQuickViewInternalOnly which would opend Separate QuickView with disabled media/plugins for each file it opens. Then it would be great if user-defined keyboard shortcut for this command would also work in the results of Find Files window.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Allow Separate QuickView in Find Files search results

Post by *petermad »

Also I suggest to add a command cm_SeparateQuickViewInternalOnly
That already exists: cm_SeparateQuickInternalOnly=2942
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

petermad wrote: 2021-04-16, 12:26 UTC
Also I suggest to add a command cm_SeparateQuickViewInternalOnly
That already exists: cm_SeparateQuickInternalOnly=2942
Thanks - the command browser didn't show it for me becaue I typed "quickv" as a filter with a hope that it will search also in descriptions, but it literally allows to show only commands containing the specified word.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2DrShark
I typed "quickv" as a filter with a hope that it will search also in descriptions, but it literally allows to show only commands containing the specified word.
That is if you only put focus on commands panel. If you write in the "Filter:" field, then TC wil search in both the commands and descriptions.

See: https://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/commandbrowser.png

But in thes case you would have to search for "quick v" with a space
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Slavic

Post by *Slavic »

The idea be able to view current search results while search process is still going on is very good, but I think it can be implemented in slightly different way. Adding the option to open the Lister directly from search UI need additional implementation of view in background (search will be a foreground process) and, if implemented, need to find a way to explain this option to users, because it has never been possible before.

The alternative approach would be to implement search in background or, at least, with closed search UI. In this case, search results will be directly added to current tab (or to new tab, like we open by Shift+"Feed to listbox"). Approximately the same way we can view the new files when they are copying in background. In this case, no need to make special addition to UI and give explanation how does it work, because this UI is already familiar. The only addition (I suppose, not quite easy to do) is background search. And such search has many other advantages besides instant view of newly found files.

If this suggestion hasn't been proposed yet (not very likely, but possible), why not to add it in separate forum thread?
Desktop: Windows 11 Pro 23H2, TC 11.03(RC). Mobile: Pixel 5a, Android 14, TC 3.42b5