copy/move average speed in background window

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Vasilich

copy/move average speed in background window

Post by *Vasilich »

I use copy/move in background very often (it is default setting by me). But if i copy many small files, then the indicator of copy speed cannot be seen as it will be always overwritten with currently copying file name.
Is there any chance to dedicate the fixed place for transfer speed indicator in background transfer window, instead of sharing it with the currently transferring filename?
The best way would be probably to have same graph view as in windows explorer transfer window in Windows 8+, but this is the bigger challenge...

P-S- This is actually crossposting from viewtopic.php?p=401122#p401122
I just was not sure that the other topic gets enough attention, and current topic is a suggestion.
I can delete topic if any admin will mention that one of topics is posted in wrong part of forum...
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Re: copy/move average speed in background window

Post by *Usher »

Vasilich wrote: 2021-05-11, 14:31 UTC Is there any chance to dedicate the fixed place for transfer speed indicator in background transfer window, instead of sharing it with the currently transferring filename?
Yes, there is. It's possible for BTM to move current speed and remaining transfer time to another place. See the following mockup screenshot:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqm4ZaWdL2tfgk-6qrcEqzayhj4-?e=MyzFOW

However, I don't know how to rearrange copy in background window, it's too small.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
Vasilich

Post by *Vasilich »

@Usher for BG window i see the only chance is to add one more line to the dialog.

@ghisler your thoughts?
Vasilich

Post by *Vasilich »

I hoped, that it will come in 10.50, but, unfortunately, it is still impossible to see transfer speed for BG transfer manager operations.
Vasilich

Post by *Vasilich »

any chance to get it in any future version? Perhaps in 10.52?
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

At least add speed to BTM dialog. it doesn't require any windows rebuilding, just add speed and set minimal window width...
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator