TC7rc3 - Compare by Content, shortcuts and focus

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

white
Power Member
Power Member

TC7rc3 - Compare by Content, shortcuts and focus

Post by *white »

Access keys, Esc, Ctrl-F, F7, F3, Shift-F3, Ctrl-F3, Alt-Up, Alt-Down, Alt-Left, Alt-Right work independent of where the focus is.
F6, Ctrl-S, Ctrl-Z, Alt-Backspace only work while focus is on one of the panels containing the file contents.
Why this inconsistency?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed there is no reason for this difference, contrary to Ctrl+C etc. I will change it.

Btw, it would be nice if you could report the other bugs you found now too, and not one every few days - otherwise the beta test would last forever!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Btw, it would be nice if you could report the other bugs you found now too, and not one every few days - otherwise the beta test would last forever!
Do you really think I am doing that to bug :P you?
You overestimate my capabilities. I write a report whenever I encounter a bug and whenever I have the time to report it.

I understand you are not amused to receive my bug reports when you are about to release Total Commander 7. I can tell you I am not pleased too. I am disappointed to find these bugs in a release candidate :(. The bugs I found should have been found long ago by yourself or by your beta testers.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you really think I am doing that to bug Razz you?
No, I thought that you put them here one by one to not flood the forum with bug reports or so.

I have used the compare editor almost daily for many months, and never encountered these errors. Different people just use the tool in a different way...
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

ghisler(Author) wrote:
Do you really think I am doing that to bug :P you?
No, I thought that you put them here one by one to not flood the forum with bug reports or so.
Ah, I see. No, that is not the case.
I have used the compare editor almost daily for many months, and never encountered these errors. Different people just use the tool in a different way...
Well, I have not used the compare editor at all. I just tested it a few times. About a week ago I began testing release candidate 3. When testing the compare editor I just pushed the buttons to see if they do what they should do, I typed some text and tried to undo, copied some text and tried to undo, that kind of things. I quickly stumbled on "strange" things. And while researching to describe one bug, I found another, and another.

Apparently testing is not the same as using. If there had been some basic testing like I did, the bugs would have been found long ago.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Should be fixed now, please check!
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

The mentioned keys seem to be independent from the focus now, so I assume this is fixed.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Not quite perfect. When the Undo button is disabled, Ctrl-Z and Alt-Backspace still do something.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Please create a new bug report, your report has nothing to do with the bug report here. Please report what is happening - nothing happens here when I press Ctrl+Z and Undo is disabled.