1. Set scroll margin to e.g. 6 (both top and bottom).
2. Switch to Brief mode in both file panels.
3. In the left panel open some directory with few files, so that there is no scrollbar.
4. In the right panel open some directory with many files with not very long names, so that a) there is a scrollbar, and b) there are at least 2 fully visible columns in the panel.
5. Use Up/Down arrows to scroll through the elements in the right panel, and notice when horizontal column scrolling happens.
6. For backward movement, it happens when there are exactly the specified amount of 6 elements from cursor to the top (excluding cursor itself), and you press Up.
7. For forward movement, it happens when there are fewer files after the cursor, than the specified 6 (in my experiments, it was sometimes fewer by 3, sometimes by 2).
I could reproduce it only under the described conditions (for example, if I switched panels, in the left panel it worked OK; if I had scrollbars in both panels, it worked OK; etc.).
Here is the INI file I could reproduce this with:
Code: Select all
[Configuration] ScrollingTopMargin=6 ScrollingBottomMargin=6 FirstTime=0 FirstTimeIconLib=0 [right] path=c:\ ShowAllDetails=0 show=1 sortorder=0 [1920x1200 (8x16)] maximized=1 [left] path=c:\windows\system32\drivers\ ShowAllDetails=0 show=1 sortorder=0