Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blinking cursor disappears after selecting from copy dropdown with keyboard

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

1. No, it should all use the same code.

2. No, actually I didn't manage to set the colors in that list. Instead, I'm simply inverting the entire list!

3. Are you using a FAT32 drive? I ask because NTFS always returns ordered lists.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

ad 1. Thanks for fixing. I will do more test with colors in dark mode soon and report in a new topic, there's still something wrong…
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2020-02-13, 11:36 UTC 2. No, actually I didn't manage to set the colors in that list. Instead, I'm simply inverting the entire list!
Do you mean "No, it's impossible to change" or only "No, I didn't try"? Applying TC colors would be less distracting especially if anyone uses normal mode with some classic color theme - NC, DOS navigator etc.
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2020-02-13, 11:36 UTC3. Are you using a FAT32 drive? I ask because NTFS always returns ordered lists.
I mean - it's machine order. For NTFS it may be different from one of "natural" sort by name methods set in TC.
Last edited by Usher on 2020-02-13, 12:38 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

BTW, I just checked original issue with disappearing white "|" cursor when using auto-complete reported by overlind: I reproduced it with TC 9.50 beta 5, but in TC 9.50a RC1 it doesn't disappear, so this seems to be fixed too.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Oh, that's great, maybe a side effect of the first fix! I will move this thread to the fixed bugs forum.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

Usher wrote: 2020-02-13, 12:19 UTC
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2020-02-13, 11:36 UTC 2. No, actually I didn't manage to set the colors in that list. Instead, I'm simply inverting the entire list!
Do you mean "No, it's impossible to change" or only "No, I didn't try"? Applying TC colors would be less distracting especially if anyone uses normal mode with some classic color theme - NC, DOS navigator etc.
Since Christian Ghisler seems to be missed your post, I'll post his email reply with answer to this question:
Christian Ghisler wrote:Unfortunately this is one of the things I couldn't fully adapt to dark mode:
The auto-suggest list is drawn by Windows, not Total Commander. I managed to subclass it, but I couldn't modify the text and foreground colors, they seem to be hard coded.

I have therefore just inverted the list, so white becomes black and black becomes white. That means that it will not use the colors configured by the user.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

2DrShark
OK. It's clear now. Normal mode uses Windows colors from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors (for Window and WindowText respectively), dark mode uses those colors inverted.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator