“Additional sort order” in “Configuration -> View mode” is filled with invalid custom column numbers.

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

vlad99

“Additional sort order” in “Configuration -> View mode” is filled with invalid custom column numbers.

Post by *vlad99 »

Hello,
Do to reproduce:
1. Go to Configuration -> Custom columns
Create new with name “MyCustomColumns”
Add column -> with caption “MyName” and fied content [=tc.name]
Add column -> with caption “MyExt” and fied content [=tc.ext]
Press Apply.
“MyCustomColumns” was applied to current panel.

2. Go to Configuration -> View Mode
Create new with name “MyMode”
Choose:
- Columns view: “MyCustomColumns”
- Sort order: “Name”
- Additional sort order: press plus and choose “MyName->Ascending(0..9)”. The number 3 will appear in the field (because this is the third column).
Press Apply.
Sorting was only applied to column “Name”, and not to “MyName”.

3. Now, delete number “3” and write “101”. Press Apply.
Sorting was applied to column “Name”(1) and “MyName”(2) too - that is what was required.
For the first custom column "MyName", the number 3 is displayed, and should be 101.
For the second custom column "MyExt", the number 4 is displayed, and should be 102.
and so on.

Thanks for attention.
I saw the error message in this topic viewtopic.php?p=338508#338508
and its correction in version 9.20b1, but in versions 9.22a and 9.5 the error appeared again.
vlad99

Re: “Additional sort order” in “Configuration -> View mode” is filled with invalid custom column numbers.

Post by *vlad99 »

Also, please tell me if there is a command or parameter for the secondary sorting of custom columns?
There is such a parameter for standard columns, for example, "cm_SrcByName 4".

If there is no such command, can it be created as an em_ command?
As an example: Which command line for the secondary sorting of the custom column number 3 should be registered?

Thanks!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: “Additional sort order” in “Configuration -> View mode” is filled with invalid custom column numbers.

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

1. I agree, it needs to be 101, 102 etc. for these additional columns. This was changed so sorting by the standard columns is still possible.

2. There is no command to sort by additional columns.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
vlad99

Post by *vlad99 »

Oh, I guessed it, I can configure view mode with the necessary options for additional sortings, and then apply them through cm_SrcViewMode1-249 commands

Thanks.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

history.txt:
20.12.19 Fixed: Configuration - Options - View Mode: "Additional sort orders" picker added wrong numbers 3, 4 etc. for custom columns instead of 101, 102 etc. (32/64)
This seems to be the fix for this bug. I can confirm that it works as described in TC 9.5b11 :-)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar