[9.50 RC2 x32] Master-Password dialog causes a 'double paste' and breaks dead-key function

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jotlake

[9.50 RC2 x32] Master-Password dialog causes a 'double paste' and breaks dead-key function

Post by *jotlake »

I discovered a strange behavior in 9.50-RC2, which seems to be related to the master-password dialog box.
I'm not sure if previous versions were also affected, I noticed this behavior off and on for the last week, and only today I could link it to the master-password dialog.

I couldn't find a related bug-report for this, therefore the following description how to reproduce it:

- Force opening the 'Master Password' dialog box, for example try to connect to a FTP site protected with a master-password
- Just close the dialog with 'Cancel'
- From now on, all paste functions (^V) within a TC edit control (i.e. the command line or a file rename) will cause a double paste
- Also dead-key functionality like the " or ' characters don't work anymore
- In all other non-TC programs (i.e. Notepad) there is no double-paste, but dead-keys don't work anymore
- After TC is closed or restarted, everything is back to normal
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [9.50 RC2 x32] Master-Password dialog causes a 'double paste' and breaks dead-key function

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Confirmed, just in time for TC 9.50 final!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
jotlake

Re: [9.50 RC2 x32] Master-Password dialog causes a 'double paste' and breaks dead-key function

Post by *jotlake »

Confirmed bug-fixed in TC9.50 final.
That's really a quick fix, less than 2 hours between the bug-report and the final release.
Or did you discover and fix this bug earlier today already? The timestamp of TotalCmd.exe is 9.50 AM this morning... :o

Anyway, congratulations with the final release with all nice new features :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The bug wasn't in TC 9.22a, so I just had to compare the source code of the new and old master password dialog.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com