(Solved) Some associated icons look different than in Explorer

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Slavic

(Solved) Some associated icons look different than in Explorer

Post by *Slavic »

First of all, I am glad to see the TC 10 beta which we can test and help to get rid of new (and old) bugs.

I tried to reproduce the look of all folder and file icons as in Explorer (All associated + EXE/LNK; Show default folder/file icons from Explorer).
Most of icons do look the same, all *.exe icons are always the same, however, there are differences too.

Image: https://prnt.sc/10jx8r9

As you see, the icons of *.txt and *.log files (Macrium Reflect Patch Log.txt, setupact.log) in TC are slightly smaller and significantly lighter than in Explorer. The same situation is with *.txt and *.ini files (not visible here) and some others. All of them use the "paper sheet" icon and are associated with Notepad. This also happens with many other files associated with programs/apps, like MS Office files (*.docx, *.xlsx) and sounds (*.mp3, *.wav). However, the files *.ogg, associated with VLC player on my PC, look exactly the same.
Desktop: Windows 11 Pro 23H2, TC 11.03(RC). Mobile: Pixel 5a, Android 14, TC 3.42b5
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Some associated icons look different than in Explorer

Post by *Sob »

Slavic

Re: Some associated icons look different than in Explorer

Post by *Slavic »

Fixed in my TC 10.00b2 x64, move to archive please.
There are other threads related to this bug, I hope their authors will see the same.
Desktop: Windows 11 Pro 23H2, TC 11.03(RC). Mobile: Pixel 5a, Android 14, TC 3.42b5