Edit mode (file compare)

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Mhogena

Edit mode (file compare)

Post by *Mhogena »

Hello all,

if I compare two unix files (end of line charackter is only linefeed) e.g.

File one contains:

version=3.25

File two contains:

version=3.24

they are shown as different. Now I use edit mode with file one. Changed this line to contain also version=3.24. When I left, I was asked 'safe upper'. I aggreed. After that the edited file contain at the end of that line an carriage return linefeed!

Eventually it is possible to detect unix and dos files to use the right method of saving the files?

bye

Mho

P.S.

if one want's to abort the question for saving the file, only 'don't save' works, Cancel is ignored and the box pop's in again.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Press F1 in compare dialog and read please. How files are saved depends on the quote of file ending types.
If you are absolutely sure that there *really* have been no CR/LF in the source files, this would be a bug of course.

Icfu
This account is for sale
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

It will be more useful, if dialogue " the File in UNIX (MAC, DOS) style - you wish to convert it for save or to leave as is? " will rise
Mhogena

Post by *Mhogena »

Hello icfu,

files having more than one line your right. I tested this today. With one line files always cr+lf file is saved.

bye

Mho