[BUG]: Copy-paste with national characters

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

[BUG]: Copy-paste with national characters

Post by *wanderer »

Ok, here's a little bug that exists in TC 6.55 and in 7.0b2:

In the files list, with filenames / folder names containing national characters (non-english), try the following: inline-rename a file, copy its name and then press F7 and paste it. You can also try it in the opposite way: Press F7, type something in national characters, cancel the dialog and then try to paste it in inline-rename. In both cases, you should get question marks instead of the correct name.

Any confirmations or is it just me?
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

I guess it's related to the following setting in Control Panel/Regional and Language Options: Language for non-Unicode programs. Try to choose there your own language and there will be support for at least the characters in your language.

PS: my english sucks sometimes
TC for Linux please!
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

roentgen666 wrote:I guess it's related to the following setting in Control Panel/Regional and Language Options: Language for non-Unicode programs. Try to choose there your own language and there will be support for at least the characters in your language.

PS: my english sucks sometimes
Nope, it's already set to my native language. One thing i forgot: i'm facing that issue under Win2K.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The F7 dialog does NOT support Unicode. The inplace rename (Shift+F6) DOES support Unicode.

The problem is that I couldn't get Comboboxes to work with Unicode yet.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com