Quick search dialog and Trees

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Quick search dialog and Trees

Post by *roentgen »

Pressing ESC at the quick search dialog (after finding the desired item) goes back to the initial selected item.

For example: C: is selected directory in the tree. I quick search for 'prog' in order to find 'Program Files'. The cursor goes to the 'Program Files' directory and I press ESC to get rid of the quick search dialog. Now the cursor jumps back to the initial C:.

Typing ENTER in quick search dialog kind of solves the problem but is not always my intention to open the specified dir (just want to see it highlighted).
TC for Linux please!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Pressing ESC at the quick search dialog (after finding the desired item) goes back to the initial selected item.
Not confirmed.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

roentgen666
From history.txt:
30.08.06 Added: Quick search in separate tree: ENTER opens selected directory, ESC jumps back to previous, INSERT stays on new dir, but only opens if configured to auto-open
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

Thanks Flint. I always wanted to read the history.txt more carefully... never had enough time for it though.

Anyway, this is inconsistent IMO, considering the normal behaviour of the quick search dialog (in the file lists). But of course that's a whole new story and doesn't belong here.
TC for Linux please!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Ah, tree... sorry. :oops:

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.