Oh, there is a little problem i can see in your screenshot.yard wrote:Great, this works:
Note that the file extension has been duplicated (.docx -> .docx.docx).
The plug-in returns the file name including the file extension (of course). That means, you should also remove the "[E]" token from the "Extension" text field to avoid duplication of the file extension. Sorry for not thinking about that earlier...
If you already renamed the files, you can use the Multi-Rename-Tool again to strip the superfluous duplicate file extensions. Just select all files with duplicate file extensions in TC, and invoke the MRT and do the following:
- Use the standard tokens "[N]" for the file name mask and "[E]" for the extension.
- Tick/enable the RegEx checkbox
- Tick/enable the [E] checkbox
- Enter the following regex pattern in the "Search for" field: [face=courier]([^.]+)\.\1$[/face]
- Make sure you entered (or copy'n'pasted) the regex pattern correctly.
- Enter the following into the "Replace with" field: [face=courier]$1[/face]
- Verify the result before hitting the Start button
The MRT should look pretty much like in this screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/p6Dmh
(Note that in my screenshot, only the second file has a duplicated file extension. The first file, not having a duplicated extension, remains unaltered.)