Shift is ignored for cm_MkDir command

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Shift is ignored for cm_MkDir command

Post by *Flint »

1. Create a button or a menu command for the cm_MkDir command.
2. Hold Shift and click this button/command.
3. TC suggests to create a directory on the active panel, but user expects it to work as Shift+F7, i.e. create a directory in the inactive panel.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Shift is ignored for cm_MkDir command

Post by *Dalai »

There's a separate command cm_MkDirOther to create directories in the opposite panel.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

Where did you get this logic, that "SHIFT" is added to keyboard shortcut for buttonbar commands?
This way SHIFT with Branch View should be Branch View (only selected) - it's not true - why you didn't report bug for this?
Same for Search on Button Bar - with SHIFT should be Separate Search - again "bug"?
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Gral
It works for cm_Copy, cm_List, cm_PackFiles (I think, there were other commands too, cannot remember from the top of my head).
This way SHIFT with Branch View should be Branch View (only selected) - it's not true - why you didn't report bug for this?
Same for Search on Button Bar - with SHIFT should be Separate Search - again "bug"?
Yes, I would consider this a bug too. I didn't report it because I didn't know these commands ignored modifier keys. I just don't use this functionality myself but prefer hotkeys instead, a Russian user who is not registered here asked me to report this issue for him, so I quickly checked it's there and posted the report.

Dalai
Yes, I know. Still, I expected the behavior to be consistent with other commands in this respect.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

I think that here there is no one general rule - individual cases are treated individually and added to program on the users' request.
So, not a bug, but a lack of functionality. Individual - for this button, and general - treat all buttons and functions the same way.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It was split on purpose into two commands because of the problems with modifiers in cm_copy etc.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com