'Recently closed tabs' against Duplicate tabs

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

'Recently closed tabs' against Duplicate tabs

Post by *pdavit »

To be honest I'm not sure this is considered a bug, I'll describe the principle and we can take it from there.

If I use 'Duplicate this tab' (Ctrl+T) over an existing tab twice and then close both tabs the new 'Recently closed tabs' feature will register only one entry.
Sounds reasonable but then again there might be instances this is not desirable.

Of course if you change directory over a duplicated tab, its name also changes and closing it will eventually trigger 'Recently closed tabs' to list separate entries.

I'm not sure if it makes much sense to allow registering duplicated entries.
From the user perspective it is probably faster to recall a recently closed tab and apply a duplication over it for the same effect as recalling from a list of two (or more) duplicate tabs.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 'Recently closed tabs' against Duplicate tabs

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This function is to bring back a tab with a certain directory. I don't think that we should list the same directory twice. It would make sense if each tab had its own history, but I found this unusable when I tried it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com