TC 9.50b5 darkmode: Windows 10 Default Theme; Dark Mode Switching

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Phred

TC 9.50b5 darkmode: Windows 10 Default Theme; Dark Mode Switching

Post by *Phred »

I'm finding it hard to revert to Windows 10 'standard' mode - probably my misunderstanding what Microsoft has done, but in choosing Light and Light in Win10's Settings, Personalisation, Colours, I get a light Taskbar - not standard dark grey, I'd have thought.
Moving to Personalisation, Themes, Windows, I get the original dark grey Taskbar back. ('Colours' change to Dark, Light.)
In doing all this, and in testing TC95b5's dark modes, I get, for instance, in the ^D Directory list, white on black, irrespective of any of the TC Dark mode choices.

Further, if I choose Win10's theme Aero or Light, I can get a white on light grey with ^D dropdown; unreadable.

TC922a's behaviour is different and nominal.

Is this a problem with TC95b5's Dark mode or does anyone know how we can revert to Win10's real, original, default colours/theme (if I haven't already)?
Regards, PhredE
Licence holder since 1999
Awaiting a $D donors-token for the title-bar so we can display that we have donated further.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TC 9.50b5 darkmode: Windows 10 Default Theme; Dark Mode Switching

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, I don't understand your report. How does getting a light taskbar have anything to do with TC dark mode?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Phred

Post by *Phred »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-11-14, 11:42 UTC Sorry, I don't understand your report. How does getting a light taskbar have anything to do with TC dark mode?
I'm seeing that changing Win10's appearance settings (not wrt just its taskbar) is having an influence on TCb5's Dark mode dropdown's, for instance, colours.

With TCb5 set to always Dark mode, changing Win10's Personalisation, Theme to Windows, then changing TCb5 back to Always disabled, ^D has just now produced a white on black dropdown.
At this moment I haven't reproduced white on light grey as I did yesterday.

I'm seeing a misco-ordinated connection between Win10's appearance and TCb5's Dark mode enabled/disabled switching.

Win10Pro 1909 16GB.
Regards, PhredE
Licence holder since 1999
Awaiting a $D donors-token for the title-bar so we can display that we have donated further.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is a bug in Windows 10: Even if I call the necessary functions to make popup menus dark or bright, this is ignored by Windows unless it's called before showing any windows. So TC has to be restarted when you change dark mode options in it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com