reReadSource should reload cotentfield and color scheme

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dindog

reReadSource should reload cotentfield and color scheme

Post by *dindog »

the current cm_rereadsource has 2 bug i noticed:
1. it didn't reload file type color scheme when filesystem didn't change, but some color like modified in last 1 minute just doesn't relate to the file system, and cm_rereadsource will still have the wrong color to the sheme statement

2. it won't reload the wdx field even after filesystem has changed. displaying a outdated cotnent field make the field useless even misguided.

i don't know why the cm_reloadsource command was meant for at the beginning, but as i understand, when one call a cm_reloadsource command, he/she want to reload the whole list as if an ordinary open a directory, right?everything should reload instead of displaying some outdated information. Or is there another real reload command for that i've been overlook?
dindog

Re: reReadSource should reload cotentfield and color scheme

Post by *dindog »

if not the whole list, at least the wdx cotent should reload for the files had modified.

and the color scheme should reload for the whole list
dindog

Post by *dindog »

it seem some wdx plugin also hold cache..not sure can tc ask them to force reload
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

dindog,
Does the reload work correctly if you use Ctrl-R instead of cm_RereadSource?
I remember some time ago I could consistently reproduce a problem, where Ctrl-R would reload correctly but cm_RereadSource would not. Christian said it cannot be a problem in TC since both methods use the same code.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It's by design: When nothing has changed regarding file names, sizes, time stamps, and attributes, then TC just keeps the cached directory.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com