'Infinite Delay' When Hovering Over Directory Paths

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Phred

'Infinite Delay' When Hovering Over Directory Paths

Post by *Phred »

I don't know if comments on TC95b5 is the place to put this report but it does obtain, and also to TC in general.

I can't say how many times I've sat here 'with my finger in my ear' waiting for the breadcrumb bar to auto-open when set to do so and to show clickable paths*.
It takes me some seconds to realise, of course, that nothing is happening because the panel over which I'm hovering is not the active panel. I have to click on something in the local panel to invoke the auto-open.

I notice that the tabs of an inactive panel are active enough to change hover-over colour and to raise their tooltips/help/info text.

Would it be possible in the same way to make inactive panel breadcrumb bar parts sensitive to hover-over auto-open?

*Configuration, Options, Layout.
Regards, PhredE
Licence holder since 1999
Awaiting a $D donors-token for the title-bar so we can display that we have donated further.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 'Infinite Delay' When Hovering Over Directory Paths

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Currently it's unfortunately not possible.
Btw, you can see that the path isn't underlined.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Phred

Post by *Phred »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-11-15, 14:58 UTC Currently it's unfortunately not possible.
Btw, you can see that the path isn't underlined.
Ah, so sad. (I did hear years ago that more than one 'control' in a Windows environment could be active at one time. It was in the context of a teacher's screen viewing multiple student panels ..but that was years ago. Australian.)

Parenthetically, unfortunately, when you click in an inactive panel to make it the active one on a directory higher in the breadcrumb bar and see the underline, auto-open isn't invoked: you have to click around or a second time to initiate auto-open.
That's probably what prompted me to suggest the 'inactive auto-open', above.
Regards, PhredE
Awaiting a $D donors-token for the title-bar so we can display that we have donated further.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

@Moderators
Should be moved out of the bug reports
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3447)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1372a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

Phred wrote: 2019-11-16, 17:32 UTC when you click in an inactive panel to make it the active one on a directory higher in the breadcrumb bar and see the underline, auto-open isn't invoked: you have to click around or a second time to initiate auto-open.
The first click moves focus only. Have you tried to enable X-Mouse behavior in your system?
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+enable+X-mouse+behavior+in+Windows
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
Phred

Post by *Phred »

[I'm happy to have this moved out of bug reports: confirmed a 'not possibility'.]

Yes, Usher, I have just set the X-mouse behaviour to bring background windows into the foreground but it had no effect on behaviour of a newly active breadcrumb bar's auto-open. It remains dormant.
Regards, PhredE