Auto-refresh and renaming files

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MegamanNL

Auto-refresh and renaming files

Post by *MegamanNL »

Hey guys, hi Christian,

there wasn't a similar post that I could find and I'm not sure if you consider this a bug report or feature request. But I'll try to explain anyways.

A few months ago I've enabled the auto-refresh. It's working pretty well and I really like the feature. I do have one annoying problem with it though. When I'm renaming a file in one panel and the other panel gets refreshed automatically in the mean time, the file will not be renamed to whatever I typed but will in stead revert to the old name.

IE I often have active downloads to the directory displayed in the left panel, so that gets refreshed a lot. And I'm renaming files in the right panel. I can finish typing the new filename but if the left panel was updated before I press enter to actually rename the file it's name will not be changed.

I hope you can have a look at this some day. If you have any questions please let me know.

Cheers
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Strange, auto-refresh should be stopped while the rename box is open. Maybe it's because the refresh happens in the other panel?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MegamanNL

Post by *MegamanNL »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Auto refresh is indeed paused on the active panel while renaming a file. But not on the panel on the other side.

I've never noticed this behavior when the panel on the other side was not refreshed (static). So I guess there has to be a link between the refresh on one panel and the rename action on the other panel.

I've screen captured a demo session to illustrate the behavior. But apparently I can't post a URL yet. I'm not a spam bot, i swear! ;)
MegamanNL

Post by *MegamanNL »