Unicode letter in quick search command

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Mr.CLCL

Unicode letter in quick search command

Post by *Mr.CLCL »

I'm Vietnamese.

When I use my language to name my file, example is "Ôn tập.doc". I can't use the command quick search to search this file. When I press the O button, nothing happen. With example is "Đề cương.docx", i can press the "Đ" letter but I can't press the next letter "e".

I see Features in Total Commander 7.56a now include : Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S).

Maybe Vietnamese unicode is an exception?

P.S: Sorry, I don't speak English well. Hope you can understand me ^^
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

I think I know what the problem is. TC tries to match the input you give into the "Ctrl+S"-searchbox exactly with the filenames. (character by character)
So you would need to write "Ô" and "Đề" instead of "O" and "Đe". (copy and paste should work if you have to type 2 letters on your keyboard to "construct" the letter "Ô" and "ề")

TC blocks any input in the "Ctrl+S"-searchbox that leads to an empty result. So you might think it blocks Vietnamese Unicode.

However in my QuickSearch eXtended plugin you may activate "allow empty result" to (temporarily) allow input that leads to an empty result.

You may also use the file "tcmatch.dic" (see readme) to substitute characters like the "Ô" with "O".

Hope it helps.