Issues with "Properties" - wrong dir size and infi

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Slavic

Issues with "Properties" - wrong dir size and infi

Post by *Slavic »

HTC Desire, Android 2.1, TC beta 8

I have added the button "Properties" (Add/Edit button, Internal command, 106 Properties), but it can also be seen after long pressing on the desired item, then Properties. The current realisation has a number of issues.

Properties can show wrong directory size and enter the infinite loop
Go to TC "Home", select the File system root, Properties. On the Home screen of my device Root shows 85.2M / 147.6M, which should mean 85.2 Mb used from the total size of 147.6 Mb. However, Properties shows 360.6M and do counting the files infinitely (I stopped on about 170000). After some research I have found that a bugged directory is /proc/self/task - it shows the size 391.5 M and counts the amount of files infinitely. But inside this directory, Select all (with Show hidden files in TC configuration), Properties shows only 0b, 216 files.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This means that you have infinite loops in the file system. Unfortunately there is no way to detect them via Java, so all you can do is close the dialog via back button. Total Commander will then stop counting.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Slavic

Post by *Slavic »

Incomprehensible... Of course, such bug should be reported to Android developers, but I don't know what to do: it's not not a good idea to show result in a program which is in beta now :( Would it be an independent way to show this loop... or I can report it later when TC will reach a stable release.
DeathStalker

Post by *DeathStalker »

2ghisler(Author)
Watch the application DiskUsage http://code.google.com/p/diskusage/ - open source project, it has a count of disk space in the system root directories. Maybe this will help solve the problem of incorrect counting of disk space.
TC 7.56a, Win 7 x64
TC for Android 1.0 rc1, HTC Desire | rooted stock Gingerbread (3.14.405.1) | S-OFF

-----------------------------
Sorry for my bad English