stream movies/music through LAN plugin

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

zeltak

stream movies/music through LAN plugin

Post by *zeltak »

Hi

As a long time TC user on the PC (before i moved to linux :)) i was so happy to find out about TC for android..thx for this awesome app :)

I have a question though. in the other file managers (es/astro) when i browse a network share with media on it and open a media file it steams the file. in TC it starts downloading it. is there a way to fix that, am i missing something?

thx again

Zeltak
matixx
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *matixx »

support++
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, I don't understand how this should work. Do these file managers all have internal media players for all file formats in the world???
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
zeltak

Post by *zeltak »

Hi ghisler

thx for the quick reply

i have zero prog knowladge so unfortunantly i have no idea :). A good app that does that is es exploerer which is free but you need to also install the smb plugin (free as well).

on my nix/windows machine when i use smb under media apps like xbmc etc i do actually get the files to stream as well, though again i dont know how its done

thx again shisler for TC for android i cant wait for future builds its very exciting

Zeltak
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for your reply. So does es explorer play all these files by itself, or can it pass them to other players too? So far I couldn't find any android function which would allow that (streaming across applications)...
mdalacu

Post by *mdalacu »

You can pass the video to all players installed on your system. This feature is working great with all the video containers except mkv. They said that it was fixed in latest version but it is not. The system player does know mkv so it is an EFS bug. I really hope that you can add this feature to TC because the alternative is to use CIFS, but the video playback is choppy.
zeltak

Post by *zeltak »

hi again

yeah ive just noticed that its exactly the way other file managers do it (astro, ES ...). when you press a file they ask you to choose which video player you want to open it with

thx again for TC..really lovin' it on my tablet :)

z
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately I cannot find a function in Android to pass audio or video data to other apps. It's possible to pass URLs to other apps, but then these apps have to do the streaming themselves...